Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

What bird cr@p does to your paint...

My sister left the car dirty for quite some time and there was poop on the right wing. It affected the paint (for the worse) and now it just wont go away... any ideas what can be done about this?

Plus it's just "cool" to show what it can actually do to your paintwork.

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

I've actually not tried T Cut, but I did do the whole 3stage Meguiars setup on it, assuming Stage 1 might make some difference, it made a tiny different but not much. But yeh, T-Cut was going to be my next step.

ISTR I found several applications of Zymol Cleaner Wax (the cheap one from Halfords) followed by some Autoglym Polish sorted out some nasty bird crap damage to the bonnet of my Scirocco.

I had exactly the same mark on my roof after a goose/duck/seagull/bird/elephant cr@pped on it. I left it for ages, but whilst waxing the car last summer, I noticed it completely removed it, no special treatment required. I use Swissol stuff.

I hate feckin birds! Near enough every single b@stard day I have to wipe seagull crap off my car :evil: .... for some reason the feckers seem to have something against the corrado :mad:

Learnt the hard way with a previous car not to leave the crap on for any length of time, t-cut helped cover it up but it soon wears off in a few weeks.

I've heard the 3M cutting compound stuff is much better than T-Cut, but can't remember what it's called...

Yeah, I've heard the 3M cutting compound stuff is much better than T-Cut, but cant' remember what it's called...

3M Finesse,, awesome stuff, slightly lighter then G10 but a better product

blob of above and a blob of zymol cleaner wax or megauirs stage 2 then 3 and it be mint, bar the orange peel

last time a bird shat on my car i cut the date short and dropped her home.

:rofl:

I like that, I was gonna post something similar about high heels scratching the bonnet when they climbed onto it, but you beat me to it! haha

Good work fella.

last time a bird shat on my car i cut her shorts and dropped her home.

:roll:

Honestly. Try brasso. it is a realy fine cutting compound and gets rid of schit like that. then wax and hey presto. sorted.