Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

16V hunting when warm

My 16V is revving high when warm; its gets uneven revs ranging from 800-1100 once the oil and water get up to running temp. It’s only when idle I don’t notice it down on power or uneven through the gears.

Could it be a fuel mix/lambda issue? When cold it runs fine, the timing is a bit out it can take 2-3 turns to start it usually after 1-2 hrs of being driven. New starter motor ISV Dizzy HTs etc etc

Temperature sender, vaccum leak, damaged or incorrectly adjusted idle switch on the throttle body? Other than that I would have suggested the ISV.

idle switch on the throttle body did seem a little dicky alright I have everything jubi clipped up cus I thought it was a vac leak also.

It would be worth using a meter to check it is switching correctly, as far as I'm aware it controls whether the ISV operates, although thinking about it, it probably is if your idle is staying above 800 rpm. Mines a bit dodgy aat the moment and quite offten it idles at around 500 rpm (well just about idles).

Also check the air hoses that connect to the ISV. Had a similar prob once, all down to a small split in the underside of one of the hoses.

how do you use a meter to see is its working correctly?

The switch is either open circuit or closed circuit (on/off) so you can use a meter set to measure resistance to make sure it opperates correctly.

Not sure if you can do it on the car, I already had taken the throttle body off when I checked mine.