Sign in to follow this  
Edition 1

Twin Inlet Dyno

Right Guys

Just had these two new kits dynoed back to back at a local tuner on their rolling road.

Firstly I would like to say this is the first time the cars been roaded and I also found out the cars got the wrong chip installed for the injectors (see my post on Dubforce ) hence the erratic dyno plot :oops:

Anyway the point of the dyno session was to compare this new twin inlet kit with the cars standard induction set up.

Please bear in mind the cars not running right (over fueling ! correct chip on its way) the TWIN INLET kit still gave solid gains of 5-7 BHP and similar gains in torque :D :D

The Twin Inlet Box gave a peak of 199.1 BHP and 194.1 BHP for the std air box and 203.1 Lbft and 197.2 Lbft of torque respectively (and with a well used panel filter, I know I should have used new ! !).

The twin cones gave 201.4 BHP and 203.6 Lbft of torque compared to the std air box figuers above,

(The same ambiant outside air temp was recorded for all runs).

I would hopefully expect a more noticable differnce on a car that was running correctly and or on a car with more engine mods than mine. (68mm pulley, Bastuck exhaust and Twin Inlet kit).

I know people wanted to see proof of any gains (so did I !) and I'm sure there's more to come on a well set up motor :wink:

The twin air box set up is now available on our site with FREE delivery to forum members 8) , the cone version to follow shortly.

http://www.swgmotorsport.com

Steve

8) Nice one

I've stuck a thread in the Suppliers Section Here for anyone wanting to order a kit.

Good to know that they free up a few horses, I expect some of the guys with higher powered G60's will see some great gains from the kit.

Mine is being fitted on Wednesday and RRd on Sat, I will post results up here. Running SNS Chip, G-Werks exhaust, 68mm toothed pulley kit and a few other goodies :wink:

Will be well happy if it gives 7ish bhp extra!

The standard airbox used?? was it totally standard i.e standard filter, holes drilled etc etc??

I can see this kit working very nicely on my car.... :)

The standard airbox used?? was it totally standard i.e standard filter, holes drilled etc etc??

I can see this kit working very nicely on my car.... :)

The car was tested using the standard air box set up (with boost return deleted) and the original well used K&N panel filter that came with the car, then our twin inlet airbox kit with the same filter, and finally with twin cones.

The air box base has the snorkel removed and 2 x 2" holes drilled in the lower wing side of the box.

An SWG cold air feed duct and 3"piping is used from the back of the original mk2 spoiler (Corrado version coming soon !) but is not routed directly into the box but to another duct where the carbon canister used to be, this adds cold air to the engine bay but also avoids over pressurising the air box at higher speeds.

Whats the noise level of the twin inlet airbox like compared with the 'standard' airbox?

If you have a car with the boost return already deleted the new set up will give a more distinctive and slightly deeper sound.

if you dont have the boost return deleted then what else would you need to buy, charger lube etc?? and how easy is this to do with verly little mechanical knowledge? twin inlet looks easy to install just the deletion part of boost return im thinking off? good work tho def interested, pending funds!! :)

Just need to remove the ducting from the bottom of the TB to the boost return side of the charger and route the rocker cover breather either to an oil catch tank (environmentally friendly) or to ground level. The twin inlet kit itself is a piece of cake to fit

Will order one of these next month

Chris

Thought you no longer owned a G60??????

Bought 1 2 weeks ago

Chris

I must say I'm surprised by those figures, in a positive way. I was rather sceptic at first, as you'll probably remember. But these figures have shown that the original airbox still has some reserves left to supply some more air on this kind of setup.

great to see people making custom pieces for our old cars!! wish i could use one now!!

Thanks guys , there's a few more bits and pieces to come :wink:

Hi,

What's the true price for these twin-inlet set-up's ? Heard they were £140 ish but on looking on your website they are almost £200 (£198.57) ?? Also how much for the twin-induction filter option and any pics with heatshield etc ?

Please can you confirm

Cheers

Hi,

What's the true price for these twin-inlet set-up's ? Heard they were £140 ish but on looking on your website they are almost £200 (£198.57) ?? Also how much for the twin-induction filter option and any pics with heatshield etc ?

Please can you confirm

Cheers

Hi , The complete O.E style air box twin inlet kit is £169 + vat but with free delivery (= £198.57 which is the website price).

The Twin cone set up is only a few days away (the company making the heat shield is very busy hence the delay), no firm pricing yet on this option but it maybe a little more expensive because of the twin K&N filters used.

I'll let you know more info when they are ready.

Cheers