Sign in to follow this  
tom br

1.8t corrado conversion

Bloody ell, holy "dig up crusty old 4 month old post batman".....

More capacity, quieter, smoother, fatter torque band, more character, better management and it doesn't melt piston 3 if the MAF is running out of range.....imo. It's not illegal for a man to prefer one engine to another you know :-)

hehehe

furry muff! :lol:

sorry to go on here but I am a bit pissed with people saying you could have a more original conversion and that teh engine has no soul, I feel its just people jumping on the bandwagon I mean I know they are not without there faults but no engine are, i mean I have detroyed three 020 Gearboxes, shattered big ends on a 16v, killed two different types of supercharger and had the bottom bolt fail on a g60 its just part an parcel of owning high powered cars.

quality post.

Yep, R32 Corrado has been done by Coxylaad & PhatVR6 and Stan and Jay Renshaw have done the 2.8 24v conversion.

I'd rather go 2.0 FSI turbo than 1.8T any day.... a much better engine. But then again, the current R32 wipes the floor with it. it's an animal.

a much better engine?? how.. why..? explain :)

make the power im running the 1.8t with a t3/to4e garrett changed the rods injectors and fitted a stand alone engine manegment. big intercooler boosting 1.6bar and making 398 bhp on the wheels with no problem. i know a guy in south africa with a mk1 golf making 602hhp on the wheels on 2.7bar boost. i got a lot of respect for the 1.8t motor

So what, BMW got 1500hp from a 1.5 turbo back in the 80s and Schimmel gets a LOT more than that out of his 16V T, 1.8T and VR6T motors.....only they don't brag about it.

You take a capacity, fill it with boost and get a number out the other end. It's hardly rocket science.

Rover got 400hp from their 1.4 K series and I could double your output with ease if I really wanted to, but modifying cars is not just about headline power figures for me.

If you want a real flyer Try a 2.1 20v turbo like myself who cares about noise when you got 400 wheel horse power to play with and less lag than a ko4.. paahh

dont need a 2.1 to make 400 wheel horse power i'got a 1.8 20 valve turbo in my corrado making 398bhp on the wheel on 1.6bar

Yeah I know that.. but you will never get my torque figure..

So what, BMW got 1500hp from a 1.5 turbo back in the 80s and Schimmel gets a LOT more than that out of his 16V T, 1.8T and VR6T motors.....only they don't brag about it.

You take a capacity, fill it with boost and get a number out the other end. It's hardly rocket science.

Rover got 400hp from their 1.4 K series and I could double your output with ease if I really wanted to, but modifying cars is not just about headline power figures for me.

not bad so does your motor run a 9.2 1/4 mile

Nope, because it's on axle stands still undergoing a turbo conversion. I'm aiming for 12 second 1/4s. I'm not into the sub 10 second game as it's too expensive to do on a road car that needs to 20,000 a year AND survive the track sessions.

Is yours FWD? If it is then 9.2 is amazing with 398whp.

Schimmel must be doing something wrong then if one of his FWD 750whp Jettas can only manage a 9.6 1/4.

Nope, because it's on axle stands still undergoing a turbo conversion. I'm aiming for 12 second 1/4s. I'm not into the sub 10 second game as it's too expensive to do on a road car that needs to 20,000 a year AND survive the track sessions.

Is yours FWD? If it is then 9.2 is amazing with 398whp.

Schimmel must be doing something wrong then if one of his FWD 750whp Jettas can only manage a 9.6 1/4.

its 4wd with dual cable pull down suspension to get the power on the road thats why im running a 9.2 its not about the power its getting it down, that a thing many people cant do cause they dont know how

why is there so many pointless threads like this? who cares about 1/4 mile times? If you want a 1/4 mile car build one for the job.

Driving the car on the road is were its meant for,torque is what you want for the road and a good torque band to red line is even better.

Why cant people be happy with what the have?!!

Tom br do the 20vt conversion,then when you have it on the road you can add to posts like this on how better my engine is than the rest.

Rant over.......

why is there so many pointless threads like this? who cares about 1/4 mile times? If you want a 1/4 mile car build one for the job.

Driving the car on the road is were its meant for,torque is what you want for the road and a good torque band to red line is even better.

Why cant people be happy with what the have?!!

Tom br do the 20vt conversion,then when you have it on the road you can add to posts like this on how better my engine is than the rest.

Rant over.......

hi there i see you from south africa did you import the car yourself. im getting mnie shipped in feb was there any hassels getting it there

its 4wd with dual cable pull down suspension to get the power on the road thats why im running a 9.2 its not about the power its getting it down, that a thing many people cant do cause they dont know how

What a coincidence; I'm currently reading a 9.2 on my BS detector.

By all means give me the proof I need to eat my words.

its not about the power its getting it down, that a thing many people cant do cause they dont know how

I think you'll find loads of people know how to put power down other than you.

However, as James says, it's not all about 1/4 miles. Some of us get our kicks driving round corners too.