Sign in to follow this  
Dennis.be

Carbon fibre wing

It has been a while since I've been here, in that time I changed some things at the C, some like self-made lay-up carbon fibre parts.

It started with making a carbon fibre glove compartment cover. In the beginning was it realy a pain in the ass job. But after one time it looked like this.

Carbonklepje01.JPG

Carbonklepje04.JPG

Carbonklepje05.JPG

With these experience in mind I began to lay-up a standard spoiler.

SpoilerCarbon11.JPG

SpoilerCarbon12.JPG

It's not realy done, there should be a 5th layer of epoxy, but I'm sick of it making this look good, I'm busy for a week to come this far, maybe over a couple of weeks I begin with the 5th layer epoxy.

so whats the procedure to do this? do you have to make a mould? I fancy a play.....and where do you get the raw materials???????

Quick question, couldnt help but notice that sexy paint color... Is that a stock color, or did u get it painted that color?

Another quick question, did you fabricate that sub mounting position on the rear deck, or can you mount them to that stock rear deck? If you fabbed that, give me a quick rundown on how you fabbed it... Mounting, that type of stuff... Thanks, mate.

Underneath the carbon you'll find a standard one, I used the lay-up method.

The how-to that I used => http://www.mci.i12.com/carbon/lay_up.htm

All the used materials comes from VossChemie.

Some people find this awesome, some like it al lot. I did it, because my style lays more to the circuit.

C01-11jun06.JPG

Quick question, couldnt help but notice that sexy paint color... Is that a stock color, or did u get it painted that color?

The paint color is a stock color, LD7Y Quartz metallic, sometimes it turnes al littlebit red when the light comes in a particular angle.

dude the wing looks mint how much would you want for one if say you were to produce a few?

dude the wing looks mint how much would you want for one if say you were to produce a few?

I have no plans to make another one, it was realy hard to make this one without making a mistake and begin al over again. The price to make a second one should be to high I geuss, ussual thay coust about 200/250€ each. If you make one by yourself, you can do this for les than 100€, if you can do this in one time.

Dennis.be, your colour is very similar to mine - pearl grey! Where yours gets a red tint in certain lights mine seems to get a bronze/gold one! Grey C's rock, end of! :lol:

Your pic has made up my mind about getting a CF rear spoiler at some point - nice one 8)

Dennis.be, your colour is very similar to mine - pearl grey! Where yours gets a red tint in certain lights mine seems to get a bronze/gold one! Grey C's rock, end of! :lol:

Your pic has made up my mind about getting a CF rear spoiler at some point - nice one 8)

That's also my way of thinking, grey is one of the most beautiful colours that you can find on a C. In real life the Carbon Fibre wing doesn't realy show off, it's more discrete (until the sun falls down on it).

yeah what he said

Your pic has made up my mind about getting a CF rear spoiler at some point - nice one
where can i get me one of them bad boyz

Since a week I've got carbon fibre door handles in the car, I know it's not the exterior, but it's stuppid to open a new topic.

Handvatjes03.JPG

Handvatjes04.JPG

The list of carbon fibre pars starts to grow. 8)

- Carbon fibre spoiler

- Carbon fibre shift console

- Carbon fibre glove compartment

- Carbon fibre door handles

I'd love to see someone do a front splitter in CF! I'd def have one.

Might even have a go myself and post the results up. Got to be worth it at the mo, people are crying out for bespoke CF products.

I'm busy to make a carbon fibre radatiorcover and a shiftconsole for someone else.

Carbonradiatorcover01.JPG

Carbonconsole000.JPG

Carbonconsole001.JPG

Carbonconsole002.JPG

Carbonconsole003.JPG

The shiftconsole is almost ready, I hope that the guy loves my work.

If you want cf parts have a look at http://www.carbon-tex.com.

I Know they have some nice parts, i've mailed this company to order some CF wings.

So its not made from scratch? are you just laying the carbon matt on top?

I never said that I started from scratch, I said it in my first post. You'll need to start from something, working from scratch is not that easy, this is a good base to know how you need to work with it.

damn... if only i could speak german... http://www.carbon-tex.com for this that is...

so it has ot be pretty damn tricky getting the carbon laid over round parts and rounded edges so it doesn't bunch up? i read that site but really said nothing about it...

I mailed the guys of Carbon-tex, but never have an answer in return.

It's real hard to get the carbon fibre on the round parts of the wing, the middel area is peanuts, but at the corners of the wing is realy hard to do and I've had only 30 minutes of pot-live to do this. It's the first time I've done a wing and the result is more than I've expected.