Sign in to follow this  
covincharger

g60 into porsche replica

ok.a covin is a fiberglass shell copy of the famous 930 turbo of the late seventies early eighties.the chassis was made by the company covin which was a 4"x 2" box section with center tunnel similer to beetle.onto this many type 3 (vw fastback) parts where used.mainly front beam ,suspension,brakes and the same at the rear with also the gearbox.to this an adapter plate was fitted and a choice of engines were mated up to the vw gearbox.the earlier covins were bolted to beetle chassis.some people use the beetle aircooled lump due to less hassleto fit while others have modded theres to the max.one club member has fitted a porsche gearbox and 3.6 porsche engine with over 300h/p scary!

ok.a covin is a fiberglass shell copy ....one club member has fitted a porsche gearbox and 3.6 porsche engine with over 300h/p scary!

Surely that defeats the object...?! :scratch:

Looks very convincing to me too, and likewise, i had never heard of a covin!

COVIN WITH LATER 964 BODYKIT AND CLASSIC WHITE COVIN WITH MY FAVORITE FUCHS ALLOYS.JUST A NOTE THE WHITE COVIN WAS BUILT IN 1992 AND SPRAYED IN ENAMEL PAINT.YOU CANT USE THIS PAINT BY LAW ANYMORE BUT GOD IT STILL GLEAMS LIKE IT WAS RECENTLY PAINTED.Picture031.jpg

that black one looks stunning!! :shock: :luvlove:

are they FWD or RWD? how much do they go for?

make sure you keep us posted with your progress 8)

The kit originally cost 4k+.You can pick up a ropey one for a grand,four grand for a reasonable one.I paid 7k for mine five years ago and have it insured for 10k.These kits are very rare only 300 of the turbo coupe ever made.They are rear wheel drive.

that black one looks stunning!! :shock: :luvlove:

are they FWD or RWD? how much do they go for?

make sure you keep us posted with your progress 8)

What he said.

Im guessing it is RWD caus of the beatle chassis.

Thunking about it it would be silly to have a rear engine powering the front wheels would it not?

How would anyone know this wasn't a porsche if it drove past you in the street?

just the lack of air-cooled noise and some minor anomolies :wink:

well im not fitting a beetle engine for the noise or a porsche as it defeats the object.it sounds good with the 8v,but will be something else with the g60 fitted.the minor anomolies are no worries for me as it impresses porsche owners and you cant get better than that and i love it.

HERES ME JUST COMMING BACK IN 3.2 SUPERSPORT TARGA AFTER I JOINED BOLTON AND DISTRICT(B.A.D)porsche club AT MACCLESFIELD.HE GAVE ME HIS KEYS AND HE DROVE MY COVIN AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH PERFORMANCE.I LOVED HIS TARGA AND THE SOLID BUILD QUALITY EVIDENT,WELL THE EXTRA 450KG

[/img]dannyreal911.jpg

well im not fitting a beetle engine for the noise or a porsche as it defeats the object.it sounds good with the 8v,but will be something else with the g60 fitted.the minor anomolies are no worries for me as it impresses porsche owners and you cant get better than that and i love it.

fit a toothed belt conversion on the g60 it will stop any belt slip and sound loads better (a bit like the interceptor from mad max) :lol:

R32 in the back of a space framed fibreglass Porsche replica?!? Would the front wheels ever touch the ground?!? :lol:

R32 in the back of a space framed fibreglass Porsche replica?!? Would the front wheels ever touch the ground?!? :lol:

Wheely bars would be a must ! :lol: