Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Honda S2000 Vs 24v Rado

Well I had an interesting little tussle yesterday.

Saw an S2000 with a silly private reg on it waiting to pull out of a petrol station as I went past.

He pulled out quickly behind me and pulled up alongside me at the next set of lights.

I was not really in the mood for a race as it was a 30 limit so I pulled away from the lights gently as did he. Then we came to a roundabout and it opened out into a national speed limit dual carriageway. Well it would be rude not to :)

So I went in a bit hot, he followed. We came out of the roundabout side by side and went for it. I was quite chuffed to see that he got absolutely nothing on me, maybe a couple of feet but that was it up to silly speed.

Spec of the S2000

Honda S2000 (1999)

237bhp@ 8,300rpm

153lbs/ft@ 7,500

1260kgs

0-60mph 5.6 secs

0-100mph 14.3secs

30-70mph 5.2

1/4 mile 14.3secs@ 100mph

0-1000m 26.0secs@ 118mph

Top speed 147mph

So I will be interested to see what my Rado does at Santa Pod this weekend, as obviously we were already rolling.

Jay

Had a spat with one in my first VR already rolling, and beat him. Think he got caught out by the VR's torque. Off the line would be a very different story though...

I would have expected the S2000 to get a good few car lengths on you; it's impressive that your Corrado performed so well. I'll be interested to see the 1/4 mile times because I think you'll struggle to match the 14.3 of the S2000! That's pretty damn quick.

Good work Jay :) I've always liked the s2000, but I like your rado better ;)

Have you been in any other, erm, challenges? :)

S2000 needs to be put in their place... need to be put in their place at 9,000RPM!

oh god, someday i'll own one... (not cause i can't afford it, i always find faster cars for the money... like my 350Z but i let my brother borrow and total. my current ford mustang cobra, supercharged and mildly worked expecting over 450hp to the rear wheels)

i guess i can't lie... i like hondas...

Fair play Jay :)

I reckon the 24v should be pretty good from a standing start shouldn't it? Lots of low down grunt?

We will see tomorrow :)

Not expecting particularly quick times as its got a lot of leather and sound deadening in it, but we shall see.

Jay

Although I have to say it's not massively my cup of tea (just personal taste of course), I have to give you full respect mate for building such a properly minty car and then taking it to the pod and ragging the hell out of it!

Brilliant :)

I had a traffic light grand prix with an S2000 a while back too, on the way back from Stealth and he was about a car length behind me by the time I got to 70mph. I didn't realise they were that quick to 60 so I was quite chuffed he couldn't get past. I don't know how quick my car is and guesstimated the 60 to come up in the low 6s, but seems it's in the mid 5s then :-)

will keep an eye for you tommorow jay! hopefully i should be running my car up the strip a couple of times if i can get there early enough in the morning! 8)