Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

not sure i can justify spendin another 900quid on the g60?

just had the bloke from the bodyshop on the phone for the work i want doin its gonna cost me 900quid :cry: ,i know that don't sound like to much really but i'm thinkin of gettin a vr6 :) so now i what i'm tryin to work out is what i would get for my g60 with havin the bodywork painted and what i'd get if i just sold it as is? just to see if its worth gettin it done or not?

my car (pics in my gallery http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... ff&start=0)

about 120k s/h to 96k

jabba stage 4 charger,

chip an 68mm pulley,jabba induction we heatshield

gwerks boost return kit

s/s exhaust + de cat

17"alloys,not really that nice

interior mint except wear to drivers seat,

body work pretty sh!te ,whats it worth =?

i know i shouldn't be thinkin this but..................would it be worth sellin in bits instead? come on peeps what shall i do

You'll not gain £900 on your car, or any car for that matter.

Best option if bodywork is bad is to get another quote to only get rid of the bad elements rather than get it to a level that your happy with. Might be cheaper then and easier to sell.

all my plans went pear!!!the guy local to me never got back in touch for some reason? and me mate who was supposed to be comin we me to bradford had to work!!!so........will be deffo goin to bradford in the week thats for sure :lol:

just tryin to work out what to do we the g60 mate,don't wanna be buyin a vr6 an have no money incase anythin goes wrong,i can't afford to have both its as simple as that,i could probs get the really bad bits of the bodywork done for around 300-400 quid mark,might go down that road and then sell up,surely i should get somewhere near 2k for it with the bodywork bein right,what ya think?

gotta be able to get 2 with the body bits sorted mate. stop worrying :)

i like that - 'in case anything goes wrong with the vr'!!!!

you mean WHEN something goes wrong bud :)

you mean WHEN something goes wrong bud :)

don't say that mate or i'll end up we summat else altogether :lol:

no you won't!!!! stop swearing mate. just gotta make sure you get a good one fella - you could do far worse than asking me what i think of a car, and then doing the exact opposite!! :)

i'm great at picking out sh*tters :)

I reckon to just get all the bad bits sorted out on the bodywork, I've seen the damage and I reckon it could be sorted for a few hundred quid personally, when it gets sorted, sell it.

Maybe put the damage pics up here so people can analyze on what it'll cost to fix? I'd do it but I won't be cheeky :-P

all the panels aren't that bad,just one of the rear arches,wanted to get all the sides blown in so it looks right.at the endof the day if i want to sell it its gotta look right

the work quoted was;

weld in new rear arch

smooth lines on both bumpers

remove number plate recess

remove bump strips

smooth rear,de-badge

spray both sides & poss bonnet(gonna try an get the bonnet sprayed inc the deal)

almost a full respray bar the roof an hatch :lol:

spoke to him an he says he could do the arch an spray both rear quarters for 300quid

Best bet!

I had a respray done bar the pillars and roof for £650. That included getting rid of rust at the rear and on the door sill, as well as doing the Rieger.

£300 sounds good.