Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

twin rear fogs?

Ok as the accountants seem to have got to the rear lights of the Corrado I was wondering if any-one written a how to on adding a second (passenger side) fog light?

Only one may be legal but it looks "cheap"

The point of having one fog light is so that you can distinguish it from a pair of brakelights!

The bulb holder on the non foglight side can take another fog light bulb for LHD cars though afaik....so it would just be a case if cutting out the blank in the back of the light unit

The point of having one fog light is so that you can distinguish it from a pair of brakelights!

You sure? My Merc has two rear fogs :?

VW's have had single rear fogs for years! It's only there to act as a beacon, so the number of lit panels isn't critical, but I agree, it does look cheap, or like one has blown and the owner is too lazy to replace it!

Beware that the offside rear fog cluster does not have a metal insert to protect the plastic from warping like the nearside one does..... but I have two fogs on mine and so far haven't run into that problem.....just don't leave them on for too long ;-)

Cheers Kev! So is it a case of popping the cover and adding a bulb or will it need some wiring as well?

Or maybe go onto E-bay international and see if can locate a "Foreign" Light?

Cool, no more looking cheap when it's foggy, and twice the ability to blind people on the motorway for hogging the middle lane! :mad:

my Corrado has had two rear fogs since i got it so someone must have had a play with it before or thought one wasnt working and put a bulb in.

i always thought twin rear fogs were standard on Corrado's though?

The cable you'll need the power (signal) from is grey/white, place a cable that begins from the grey/white to the other light, use a special clamp on the unussed conector like you'll see on the third picture. You'll don't need a ground wire, it's already been there.

I hope this is what you'll want, my english isn't that good.