Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

VR6 Fidanza Alloy Flywheel

Sometimes companies say the parcel worth less than it is so you dont get as much custom charge.

It will still work out less than buying it in the UK anyways ! :)

If I want to pay via a credit card with the billing address and delivery address different then I have to email them a scan of my driving licence and the front and back of my credit card.

Is that safe?

(My wife has been asked to do this by a USA company before as well, so maybe it's common practice over there)

If you use PayPal and it all goes pear-shaped you don't have as much recourse as you do with a Credit Card where you can issue a charge-back in the event of fraudulent use.

Having had to deal with PayPal when things don't all go well I'd steer away from using them unless I absolutely had to.

(Besides, I'd be no better off in this instance as Gripforce will only ship to the PayPal address and I want it sent straight to Vince)

I've had two automatic emails from them now - postage was $89 the first time and $74 the second.

All getting a bit confusing. And since they're in California I'll have to wait until this afternoon before their business hours start and I can hope to get clarification.

Still, all good fun, eh? ;)

Nightmare, Just checked with them for a tracking number myself, only to be informed that they are very busy and it will be a few days before they dispatch it. Never simple! :roll:

The gearing is actually pretty good for a turbo with the 3.39! VW just wanted the VR to have reasonable economy and a high top speed.

The 3.68 is lovely normally aspirated, just right. A bit too manic with turbos, but good for S/Cs though.

I decided to use PayPal in the end as I hadn't heard back from BarclayCard as to whether they were happy with me sending out a scan of the front and the back of the card.

Then, ironically, an email came back from Barclaycard saying that "with Barclaycard no customer is ever liable for any fraudulent transactions on their account" and that they were ok with me complying with the request.

Still, I'll know next time, eh?

Total price came to £209.44 debited from my card by PayPal to fund the $403 sale. Even if I get hit for VAT and Duty that's still got to be a saving.

I got done by Caludia! Owes me £110, got £105 back from ebay! Owes a aguy I know over £1000!!

I got my fidanze from gripforce, came quick and was only £210!!

To those reinforced clutch arm thingies from EIP actually do anything???