Sign in to follow this  
Charleslyman

best headers for most HP?

I knew you were american before i opened the thread by looking at the thread title using the word 'headers' as we call them 'manifolds' in the rest of the world! :lol:

Not many people have changed them, supersprint are probably the most expensive but i'd say that the Raceland are the best value for money at around 1/3 if not less of the price.

Performance wise, i wouldn't think there would be anything noticable between them.

Chris

Yeah good stuff, just an observation, welcome to the Corrado forum my friend!

Good to have you with us, hope you find it a good place and don't dissapear off to the Vxxxex anytime soon.

The exhaust manifold is on my list of things to do.

I think it is a worthwhile addition for the VR especially when using a Vortech supercharger.

Chris

thanks a lot man. It seems like you guys know what your talking about more than other forums so its awesome. I appreciate the warm welcome.

charlie

Has anyone proof of performance gains ,as Im also thinking of purchasing one? Ive also heard that wrapping them can cause them to crack?

James(CorradoVR6-n.o.s) has just got one but like the new Schimmel manifold, it will gather dust for the longest time! Hint, shove..............

Chris

Tezet also makes nice manifolds. Somewhat more expensive than Supersprint, but the welding and materials used is superb. When it comes to bhp gains it beats the Supersprint also, since it's a 4-1 (which gives you more bhp) and the Supersprint is a 4-2-1 (that works best for gaining torque in the lower revs).

James(CorradoVR6-n.o.s) has just got one but like the new Schimmel manifold, it will gather dust for the longest time! Hint, shove..............

Chris

thanks Chris :p

Ive fitted mine and wrapped it with no problems at the same time fitted decat and wrapped that as well,ive noticed a good gain in power than before but annoyingly gained a chuffing sound from the 6 branch,its the thin wall of the header pipes that resonate the sound.

Its a Raceland one and its a worth while mod.

There was an answer to that question posted on here previously, I think by KevHaywire, I believe it went along the lines of the manifold needs to be wrapped to keep as much heat in as possible, this helps draw the exhaust gasses away from the exhaust ports, ergo, creating better flow, more power etc. I can't remember it exactly as to why it works, but I seem to remember thinking along the same lines as the inlet manifold runner diameter helping flow.

Someone'll be along soon to give you a better constructed answer.

Actully i was born in America, so that makes me an american but i still gota support my parents country so that also makes it my country, understand u Wnker