Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Mate's new ride......not fair !

Best thing about it them though is in this weather they come into their own. Roof down with the engine noise above 4k rpm :D I was convinced I would do not modifications to this one but the idea of nice aftermarket exhaust is very tempting! What do you have on yours Roddy?

They are also incredibly rigid for a convertible and point to point it easily the quickest car I have owned - even if it is has less power etc in theory, it delivers it so well.

I don't get the old poor man's 911 thing either, I mean a lot of people refer to the Corrado as the peoples Porsche too.

Anyway, dead chuffed with it and all seems well so far with the exception of a mild panic on discovery of a leak of fluid from below the car (front) last night. Turns out it is just from the air-con condesation and that they all do it.

Ive got whats known as RSR's on mine(basically the std boxes cut open and a heap of restrictive bits removed- http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm ) and also have the air-filter cover "swiss-cheesed"......big improvement soundwise and seems to help throttle response too.

the Boxster should feel rigid btw........it was afterall designed as a convertible from the outset unlike most other convertibles that are coupe based

the poor man's Porsche I suppose comes from the fact the Boxster is the entry level Porker......likewise the 924 when that was entry-level Porker and the Corrado was called it,due to the fact it was going to be competing with the 924S til Porsche pulled the plug on the 924S in 88

btw all cars with A/C etc drip condensation so its just not Boxster specific

Lovely cars, I hope one day I will be in a position to own a Porsche. I've even been to Porsche in Stuttgart.

I tend to see Boxsters as a poor mans 911, but also know they are a highly capable car which usually gets very good reviews. I'd be more tempted by an older 911 as vr6storm was.

The combination of being a VW and also being a bit of a poor mans Porsche is what made me want a Corrado.

Red steering wheel and red dash? That is wrong!

Not a good idea parking it on that street either..... you might get a Cavalier come tearing down there on it's roof ;-)

na Kev i'm a fan of the Boxster red leather interior.........it looks classy,whereas some of the grey interiors that they come in are just cheap n nasty................there is a Nephrite green leather thats just plain wrong tho

Have no reason to doubt that the Boxster is a superb car to drive but never been a fan of its looks or its image. Much the same as the E46 3 series I had, lovely car to drive but couldn't wait to get rid of it because of its image

sorry but i dont see the great thing about them, sure they may go some, but they look so damn bland!

totally agree - they do nothing for me - I'd rather spend money on an older 911 turbo - and are Boxsters exempt from parking on double yellows? :wink:

Yeah, cheers that's a funny one alright after the pure hell with the still ongoing claim I have been through the last 6 weeks and BTW is was a Calibra, not a Cavalier.......

So, it's still a different model of car (although based on same floorplan as Cavalier) ? The point I was making was I don't think there was any need for that comment...............meanwhile lets get back on topic shall we ?

a porsche boxter how exciting, NOT. its just a knightsbridge hair dressers car. living 2-3 miles from a porsche dealership i see them all the time. always either a mid life crisis driving them, or some toffy nosed little shite, and daddy bought it for them, i would never have a porsche except a 928 s4, that was a real car :wink:

That's funny, FYI my mate is NONE of those and not sure he would be too happy at being described as one either tbh.......still a nice car which was why I posted the thread in the first place, there might be plenty around but so what ?

always either a mid life crisis driving them, or some toffy nosed little ****, and daddy bought it for them,

Sorry but I totally hate when people heavily stereotype like that..

a porsche boxter how exciting, NOT. its just a knightsbridge hair dressers car. living 2-3 miles from a porsche dealership i see them all the time. always either a mid life crisis driving them, or some toffy nosed little ****, and daddy bought it for them, i would never have a porsche except a 928 s4, that was a real car :wink:

sorry but much as i like the 928's at the end of the day its a GT..........its not something thats suited to hustling along a B-road.........so not exactly a real car........unless you spend all yer time on the motorway or autobahn.........FFS the bulk of them were auto,so that tells ya a lot about them :D

the Boxster is quite an accomplished all-rounder that has a bit of an image problem due to their relative affordablity

ok i was being a bit off then, i had a bad day, i was just genralising that in my area, there are a lot of rich twats driving porsches around, did not mean to offend :)

Seems like this has divided everyone a fair bit then :)

As I said, I hadn't really given them much thought before and considered a lot of other cars at the same price - Tuscans, E46 M3, 350z etc.. and it was only after actually getting in one and driving that I realised how well put together and complete a car they are. The quicker you drive them and the twistier the roads that you are on the better they become.

Also, as much as I liked my M3, I couldn't go back to BMWs build 'quality'.

Each to their own though - it's interesting to hear peoples views and it seems the same debate has broke out over on E38 :)

Anyhow, either way, there is still plenty of time left to work up to a 911 :)