Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

The Corrado Replacement - Project 964

Only just seen this. Those space savers are really gonna look pap mate. I reckon Will must have brought the wrong wheels :lol:

Now that is what I am talking about. Nice work fella!!

One small detail you have missed. I have already (done it tonight) removed the rear wiper :)

Think the rear wheels are a little on the large side, but the look is awesome!!! 8) 8) 8)

Jay

you lucky lucky barsteward. i think almost everyone loves the any 911 of some sort (not going to be a saddo and reel off all the model names/numbers, even if I do know them). Shame my budget would only just about stretch to a 968, and that's just not my bag really (might as well just have the corrado!).

can't wait to see this one progress (and thankfully you didn't put corvette wheels on it!)

Well I told you I would get 4WD when I needed it Paul. Now I can use it :)

I am seriously looking forward to getting my teeth into it now.

Removed the rear wiper this evening, cleans the back up nicely. Need to get a screen with no hole in now :)

Jay

good plan stanley, of all the cars I have driven and been driven in, I have not been in a 911 as yet, need to see if the experience lives up to the dream! Shout when you are down this way.......

Will do mate. I am still very much learning it at the mo, but can tell it will be far more of a car than I will ever need on the road :)

Jay

Are you gonna make it a righty?

The interior is where it's let down a bit from the looks of it, which is nothing but a challenge to you Jay i'm sure.

Its going to stay Left, as Porsche intended. :) Its actually more natural to drive like that and the only time I will have any problem is at toll boths :)

The interior is not good at the mo, but I am working on it already, have plenty of plans. Starting with black carpets and a new steering wheel :)

The car has done 80,000 miles but has had a £5k engine rebuild etc..

Jay

I always find that it's worse being a passenger in a left hooker than driving, the on-coming traffic looks faaaar to close.

Hi Jay, car looks awesome, loving the photoshop image, black centres would look very cool! Very interested in finding out the costs of running one of these, you'll have to update us with what the most common problems and fixes are. Not sure if 911's have the same M030 suspension upgrades as the 944/968's but think they just use koni suspension and different thicker ARB's. The GT2 body kit and spoiler looks menacing also - stick that on!

Neil

Very nice!!!

I can't believe you sold the Rado!! If you don't mind me asking, how come?? (Sorry if it's already been asked a million times, haven't been on the forum in a while :) )

Well the first significant mod has been done. My new (old) wheel is back in my possesion. Cheers Kev.

I think it looks like it belongs there and with a nice centre badge will look even better.

Massive improvement over the old one (see first page)

Jay