Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

side repeaters change or get rid?

hi all saw somw ford focus black side repeaterd for my car which i really like does anyone know if they would fit and also has anyone got any pics of none standard side repeaters i can look at!

Thanks Andy here;s how car looks at mo!

andycar045.jpg

also if i just flushed them through what happens regarding side repeaters at m.o.t time!

Yellowg60's got some little porsche badges in place of his side repeaters, looks cool and it's easy to whack some repeaters back in for MOT time

You may be OK wioth MOTing anyway, i've just MOT'd a car with the repeaters removed and had no problems at all.

We have some dark/smoked side repeaters on our VR and it passed MOT no probs!

Will try and find a pic for you

stick a single 5mm orange LED into the side of the door mirror nice and flush... you won't be able to see it if you use a water clear one, and it'll be MOT legal then as it'll still have side repeaters... ;)

cheers henny where can i get one of them from

shut up phil im trying to make the c look better lol!

na seriously thou just not sure what to do yet but it needs to be black or smoked to fit in with my new regime! hows your engine running now?

Engines running well now matey... just got to save up for the turbo and body work :D

If you really want to go black or tinted then stick with the original shape of repeater... tbh I prefer clear ones and don't think they detract from your new style!

I was out in IOW on Saturday night for a couple of beers with a mates stag do and thought about giving you a buzz but then realised that your number was on my other phone! DOH! :roll:

http://www.ultraleds.com ;) You want the brightest orange LED in a water clear 5mm package that they do, along with a suitable resistor to make it work with a 12V power supply... That's exactly what I've used in my rear brake light (only red! :roll: :lol: ) and they're nigh on invisible unless you get up really close until they're switched on... ;)

black cat will change for dark i think any pics?

At work at the moment but will sort a pic out when I get home. (Will look different on my VR though as it's dark coloured!)

sorry to hijack your thread but i was just guna post the same thing really.

im thinking of sorting out my repeaters but not sure what to do, can i just spray them blue and pop them back in or will this fail the mot??

or alternative is to get some off ebay but do you get the whole plastic unit as ive noticed one of the clips was broken and the previoous owner has glued the repeater in place!!! or do you just get the outer cover lens bit?

any thoughts guys? cheers

They can be any colour just as long as when they flash amber can be seen clearly though them

i would get rid of them i wish i had when i had mine spraye dso im doing it next respray. but i will still have side repeaters as i have a us spec ft buper.