Sign in to follow this  
vwdubs

Write off apparently

Hello peeps,

Long time no see but ive been here dont you worry.

Well my G60 got written off 3 weeks ago and just been told that im getting 3k for it + back and neck injury (still on the case) and can buy it back for £850 which I naturally bit their hand off on and it's back home, of course driven home as its fine and still havent received settlement. Tax Tested Insured but soon to be Written Off so none of the above

My calculations are this;

Supercharger is worth Min £250-300 as its 1 yr old

MOMO Steering Wheel was worth - £80

Suspension FK Koni Coilovers - £250

OZ 17" Wheels and brand new tyres - £300

Engine and Gearbox - £120

VibraTech Engine and Gearbox Mounts x 3 £200

Miltek Full back Exhaust System - £200

Alternator £35

I have spent over 3.2k in 2 years on this so far which was originally a 102k Mileage costing me 2.8k, mileage now is 116k

Question is what the fuck do I do...... Is there any interest in the parts on here? Should I sell the car as it is as a whole? Should I repair it (no problem with money but must be honest I have a family now so good time for it to go)

The damage is a joke, i will post picks in a few days

Greeny, the suspension is about 1.5 yrs old with brand new adjusters x 4 as I made sure of this then greased it only 4 mths ago.

But I really have not decided what I am doing with it yet as you will see when i post the picks the damage is laughable and would cost £600 to sort out max

yeah sorry i mistook what vwdubs was saying thought he was wanting to know if he could get rid of the bits which no doubt he could but he was wondering what to do, personally if it was my car and the damage was as little as you say i would keep it and repair it as your not going to get what its really worth when its classed as a write off but like you say you have family now so are thinking of getting rid so i would post the pics and see if you have any intrest in the car as a whole an if not keep it or break it

Second female in 2 years Bally, they do me fookin head in.

I have a feeling she will be back just may take a few years casual labour :)

Righto peeps, The Motor was seriously waxed and polished before I considered my options, as soon as I finished I stood back and stayed there for at least 5 minutes thinking "Fuk me that looks nice".

So end result = Motor stays in the drive way and slowly works its way towards show condition and I will be there in one year thats my aim.

As a run around I picked up a red SEAT Toledo at the weekend with 65k genuine full SEAT stamped book, R Plate, 1600 engine motor for £850, what a pleasure it is to drive with air con as well.

If any of you are looking for a run around look no further, cheap as chips, VW engine sweet as a nut. I am going to keep the SEAT until it dies and run the Raddo as second car now which pleases the Kids and Mrs.