Sign in to follow this  
big_chris1981

later corrado recaro CLOTH interior

g60greeny - yup, them be the ones. It also looks like they've got just grey door cards with them too, which makes life easier.

It's also worth noting that the leather Recaros used the same colour leather as the standard seats - so you only need the fronts.

But the cloth ones use Recaro-specific cloth on the rear bench too, so you need both front and back seats.

You also had light grey with a red vertical stripe for a very limited time (not got a pic of them that I can find, but Yandards has got a set of these and a couple of other people on here do too) and I think they were available for only 18months sometime before 91.

these?

Used to have these in my old Mk2 GTI 16v...... really really miss them.. Standard C ones just aren't the same.... :(

Ads

You also had light grey with a red vertical stripe for a very limited time (not got a pic of them that I can find, but Yandards has got a set of these and a couple of other people on here do too) and I think they were available for only 18months sometime before 91.

these?

Used to have these in my old Mk2 GTI 16v...... really really miss them.. Standard C ones just aren't the same.... :(

Ads

i agree mate they are just so firm really like them well worth buyin!!

Ok here is the info on the cloth seats that I have.

Early (01.09.88-31.07.90) colour combos for leccy reccaros were:

Anthracite/Blue Trim code UE

Anthracite/Red Trim code UD

Anthracite/Silver Trim code UC

Grey/Red Trim code UY

Later (01.08.91-31.07.95) colours are only listed as:

Grey Black/Blue/Green with a trim code of XT.

Genuine corrado grey/red reccaros should have door cards and a rear bench with hump in the same cloth AND have a back adjust as well as height; a set from a Golf will only have height.

So if your car has a original set of reccaros it should also have the trim code on the sticker in the boot and in the front of the service manual, but a over £600 as an option in 1990 most people paid the extra for leather.

The other issue is what the hell were VW doing with trim for a year and pain for that matter as well?