stevie_f_2004

Top Gear Corrado Videos

Yeah sure drop me a pm when you return and I'll post it on to you. I'll dig it out tomorrow and have a watch make sure its ok, will have to dig out the video recorder too!

Here is the video, I've had an absolute c**t of an afternoon with a widget from pc world that won't work with windows 7 properly.....nearly gave up! And to all those commenting on my last thread.......Yep I did a risk asessment before I posted this.......................GOD STREWTH!!!! Talk about whinging poms!

Awesome thanks for all your hard work fella, shame about the clicky noise but still watchable. "Stay away from the G60's as they're unreliable" haha had to laugh

Yep......think he was wrong on all points! Hamster lives near me.....gonna send trousers on toast for his boss!

I will sort the video clicking noise, its the widget not the original vid

Ah memories..... That video at the time drove the second hand price of a Storm up from £22,500 to £25,000 on the dealer forecourts. And the its lasted well over 12 months on resale values at the time.

The fast moving shots on the downhill road are the A62 just up above Marsden in West Yorkshire.

Just seen this thanks for posting it up , really enjoyed it .

No worries, I've been going to do this for ages. Amazing no one else had put it on youtube.

lol if you have a yellow g60 its worth f**k all

Back then yellow was a very unliked colour. Plus it suffered the removal from car colour options earlier cause the yellow was derived from using a lead compound. After withdrawal of the yellow paint containing lead, they came up with alternative compounds a few years later like Nugget. But sales didn't recover.

I could never work out why the Corrado was considered a failure by VW. I have had both types of Scirocco in the past, and they were great cars, but I would choose the Corrado everytime! I can only assume that they cocked up the marketing for the car. Great video though :-)

Yup, the Corrado was highly priced compared to the Scirocco Mk2. A lot like me at the time thought its introduction was the Scirocco Mk2 successor but when they announced the price...... It was an arm and a leg to buy above the two Scirocco models. So continued buying a new Mk2, no brainer at brochure on the road price of £13k versus a Corrado at £19k- 20kish for a 16v or G60. On top of that I negotiated the Mk2 8v Inj down to £10k. So a no brainer at the time. (Ref. Jan'91).

Great Video mate thanks for sharing :)

Was alot of money back in the day really , i still have the receipt for our 16v from 1989 cost £19,250 and worth every penny too. Even though i only paid £2500 8 years ago :lol:

iv got a reciept of some one who traded a scirroco in and about 7k for mine in the mid 90's. i can just imagine how exited the chap was when he drove his scirroco for the last time to pick his rado up!

hi all i have one of the press car f240 bvv 1989 18 16v red and pictures of jeremy clarkson test driving it on pendine sands and or so on the front cover of what car mag in aug 1989 with a letter from vw to back this up

thanks mick

Yes it is. The building at the east end near the chimneys of VW Wolfsburg factory. VW Heritage was a little door in those days in one of the museum walls, now move to a garage in Wolfsburg. That was May 1999 just before the Autostadt opened in June 1999.

I'm told some of the exhibits are not on display (stored?). Interesting place for things like the Corrado enduarnce cars 1 & 2, Mk2 Scirocco Turbo and other very limited models, some of which didn't make it to the dealerships.

Combine it with the Autostadt and a Wolfsburg factory tour, and it makes a worthwhile visit.

The tour I ran did the museum and Wolfsburg factory line. We were over there for 10 days and toured other VW factories plus Karmann & Karmann museum plus a weekend at Scirocco Comes Home at Osnabruck 21- 24 May 1999. A whole 40 acre farm full of Sciroccos & Corrado from all over Europe to celebrate 25 years of the VW Scirocco. Field after field full of all sorts of standard, customed, tuned etc.

Me and Jim have just come back from Wolfsburg Chris... went to the Automuseum, Autostadt and then to the "new" VW plant at Osnabruch...

The Karmann museum is still there and although they have cut the number of cars down (VW heritage only) they are looking in great condition with the addition of the Golf 6 cabrio which has been produced there since March.

Autostadt - fantastic place and wish we had more time to spend there, very interesting and currently building a Porsche exhibit. Our Visit was also on VW which was good!

Classic Parts are now in a separate part of Wolfsburg and business seems to be expanding rapidly - really good bunch of people and very enthusiastic!

Only slightly disappointing part of the trip was the Automuseum and the "top gear" storm - it was filthy (!!) along with most of the cars in the museum - all had mud underneath and clearly had not been washed before going on display and the Corrado was looking particularly tired for what should be a practically new car! Luckily the classic part of the autostadt and the Karmann museum was a world apart from this.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Yup, thats the one to Berlin and then Wolfsburg Museum to languish let the tyres go flat. Wasn't being looked after for sure. Tax disc ran out in 04 96. Bet they never SORN'd it :lol: Had approx. 15,000 on the clock.

lol, just been watching it this afternoon while trying to find another VW training video

Bit of an insult really as VW never made it. It should have gone home to Onsabruck.

Lol, didn't read the above before I posted... yeah the tax disc was still on it... just can't believe the condition though - looked like it was last dusted using sandpaper :-(

I wondered if you had gone on the tour,,,,,, glad to see you enjoyed it. Storm was not as good as it looked in my photos back in 1999. And that mud was on it then from all the UK press driving.

VW H. Yes, moved a while back when I was last chatting to them. There was a 3 page spread in last months VW Driver about them in the new premises although they have been there for some time now.