Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Corrado in Evo this month

just had my Evo drop through the door, Corrado / FWD feature included.

Not read yet.......

Think the non-subscription will be out as of Monday

will read and post back

unless you read evo, read the feature in the library eg WHSmiths

only about 2 paragraphs worth, but positive non the less. Commented on nose heavy nature, but resists understeer well. Good traction allows for power to be fed in early.

Interesting feature tho

Apparently my C is in it this month too... ok it's only in an advert for Surrey Rolling Road - but it still counts :lol:

Will have to go get a copy on Monday...

lads i know the vr is quick but the integra type-r would take some beating dont get me wrong the vr is so much better looking but its heavy the v -tec integra engine is lighter more revier and i think it would beat vr round a track! but the vr would win in a straight line!

No question, the Integra is the more track-focussed car but with regards to the VR being nose-heavy, I'm sure I read somewhere that the VR6 has almost identical front/rear weight distribution to the ITR?

After a day of pics for the mag they took us out to the track at bedford, albeit the small track. I was behind the ITR, but not for long, I couldn't keep up on the all twisty track with a tiny straight... I should try and post the video.

Did you have to jack up your height to normal height though?

Bet that had an effect!

People must realise that the ITR is newer, and has better "technology" on it, but I'd have a vr6 over it anyday.

let me see....so they do a fwd test, and OH LOOK, the stripped out one with bucket seats and an LSD wins.....no surprise there then.

not much written about the corrado really, got dismissed amongst all the light and chuckable french stuff

as for track performance, there was an ITR at the recent ClubGTI Curborough meet. My 4 Motion set a quicker time! [ambiguous claim disclaimer](well, so the driver of it said, I nevr checked to be sure) [/ambiguous claim disclaimer]

The Integra would murder the VR6 on track, no question. Much lighter, much stiffer, LSD makes a BIG difference on tight corners. I suspect the Bridgestone RE010s (OEM fit tyres) play a significant role also - they have the stiffest sidewalls of any tyre I've experienced.

Always find it a bit sad to see people on here being so down about the ITR, it genuinely is a great car and one that you need to experience to fully appreciate. The Corrado is a great car, and I still miss mine, but the ITR is the sharper handling car.

Did you have to jack up your height to normal height though?

Bet that had an effect!

People must realise that the ITR is newer, and has better "technology" on it, but I'd have a vr6 over it anyday.

It was running standard throughout. One or two of the other car sounded like they were breathing a little heavy, wouldn't be surprised if they were slightly modded.

Either way the VR was never going to compete in an article based around the tweaked to hell Mini and RenNo Clit with 15 year newer tech and a load of hot hatches. The fact that the Corrado even got a look in is amazing. If they do a best compact GT of all time lets see how the ITR & Co fair then :-)

I am still recovering from the line that mentions sliding my car! Now I know where my tread went.

bah, we should have snuck a subtly modded vr in there. Something like kevs or harras ;)

Then we'd see who had the bigger balls!

Mine would look totally standard and would fit the bill prvided they didnt look under the bonnet, or the boot, or the fact that it only had 2 wheels at the time lol

let me see....so they do a fwd test, and OH LOOK, the stripped out one with bucket seats and an LSD wins.....no surprise there then.

not much written about the corrado really, got dismissed amongst all the light and chuckable french stuff

Yep!

If they're going to do a test like that, at least make sure all the cars are at the same baseline......geometry checked, engines dynoed, cars weighed and a vanilla damper fitted to all of them, say Bilstein blacks or something. Factory fresh cars are easier to be objective about, but old timers need some prep work in order to put them all in the same playing field....and using cars with LSDs is an unfair advantage!

It's no use harping on about how good the MK1 was knowing the test car had worn dampers!

And Simister thinks the Corrado is clumsy. Hmmm, under the control of his hamfists maybe. I'd call the C anything but clumsy. Makes me laugh how he says the 205 turns in too quickly and is edgey, need to learn how to drive it blah blah but that isn't clumsy, oh no, it's perfect handling. The C is just written off as clumsy without given the chance to 'learn' it :roll:

I also wonder how much Renault are paying Evo to constantly praise the Clio!

at the end of the day, the corrado VR6 was never built to be a "hot hatch" like most of the cars. the integra is just oo track biased, it was bound to win in the hands of poepl like the evo writers who expect cars like that.

Agreed. It's more of a tourer than a Castle Coombe destroyer. The Integra was single mindedly built for a specific purpose and not subject to the same production compromises as the other cars.

Just bugs me when they keep going on about this nose heavy thing, but then say it hardly understeers.....well shut up about the nose weight then!

At least the C didn't get verbally slapped into the ground like the poor old Crocus did!

That would be good!

I have to agree with the renault thing too. They must be getting a flippin fortune for the amount of praise they heap on that car.

The people I know who have driven them say they arent all that either!

give me the mid engined v6 one any day tho.