Sign in to follow this  
J50DUB

volkswagen............

He's edited and rewritten the first post. It was basically titled 'Volkswagen is b*lloc*s' and was a story about his dads 1999 Golf TDI having packed up at 39,000 miles and after a lot of messing round by the dealers, VW are claiming that he needs a new engine at a cost of £4,000...

It was his son that wrote it, so he tried to change it so it didn't seem argumentative.

I see your point Jim. Its like anything, produce a 5000 engines, at least one could have a gremlin.

So is the problem not covered by warrenty and if not why? Its not general wear and tear thats for sure.

Law of averages really, rather than incompetent car manufactuer.

Can understand why no one would be too happy if you just happen to be the unlucky person who gets the dud though

Can understand why no one would be too happy if you just happen to be the unlucky person who gets the dud though

Exactly!

Obviously any manufacturer that makes as many products as someone like VW will have a few problems, it's how they deal with it that makes the difference.

I think the guys were looking for some sympathetic advise as to which way is best to go about solving the problem :)

even if its not under warrenty still VW should help this guy out, i mean a shade under 40k miles is nothing, the engine should just be getting nice and loose. I guess its going to be hard to prove its not been abused, but if its low miles and has a FVWSH it'll be down to them to provide evidence that ut HAS been ragged. An engine shouldnt fail after 40k, VW have to admit that and I think asking for £4000 for a new engine is pretty disgusting given the curcumstances.

I do agree that there should be some element of goodwill from VW on things like this, definately.

Obviously its difficult being a 1999/V reg as its well clear of warranty - and warranty really is their get out clause. But

I still don't believe (from what was described in the original but now deleted post) that the engine was a total write off - more than VW just can't be bothered with doing major amounts of work on an engine that they can just say 'is dead' and needs to be replaced with an entirely new unit.

I still don't believe (from what was described in the original but now deleted post) that the engine was a total write off - more than VW just can't be bothered with doing major amounts of work on an engine that they can just say 'is dead' and needs to be replaced with an entirely new unit.

Yep, very good point, it's gotta be worth taking the car eleswhere to get a 2nd opinion.

I NEVER WROTE VW IS B*LL*KS

I WROTE VW....... WHAT A LOAD OF B*LL*KS WITH WHAT MY DAD WAS GOING THROUGH

I DRIVE A RADO I LOVE VOLKSWAGEN ITS JUST THIS SITUATION IS RATHER UPSETTING

COXY LAD ID LOVE TOO MEET YOU FACE TO FACE THEN WE'D SEE WHO'S A TIT MY DAD EDITED THE POST BECAUSE HE WANTED TOO FOR HIS OWN REASONS I.E NOT GETTING INTO A SLNGING MATCH. IF YOU READ THE POST YOU'D OF READ THE REASN FOR IT BEING EDITED AND THAT THE SUBJECT CLOSED

IF I CAN DELETE THIS THREAD I WILL IF NOT SOMEONE LOCK IT!

I NEVER WROTE VW IS B*LL*KS

I WROTE VW....... WHAT A LOAD OF B*LL*KS WITH WHAT MY DAD WAS GOING THROUGH

I DRIVE A RADO I LOVE VOLKSWAGEN ITS JUST THIS SITUATION IS RATHER UPSETTING

COXY LAD ID LOVE TOO MEET YOU FACE TO FACE THEN WE'D SEE WHO'S A TIT MY DAD EDITED THE POST BECAUSE HE WANTED TOO FOR HIS OWN REASONS I.E NOT GETTING INTO A SLNGING MATCH. IF YOU READ THE POST YOU'D OF READ THE REASN FOR IT BEING EDITED AND THAT THE SUBJECT CLOSED

IF I CAN DELETE THIS THREAD I WILL IF NOT SOMEONE LOCK IT!

........ why bother starting the thread ??? beyond me