Sign in to follow this  
madmansi

Got one at last!!

Got one at last!!

I’ve been searching for a good VR for a while now and much to my misses relief (I was getting a bit obsessed!) I finally found one. It’s a standard 93 in moonlight blue with air-con, previously owned by a fellow rado enthusiast so quite a few usual rado problems have been sorted such as the heater matrix, sunroof , up-rated headlight loom also the engine was professionally rebuilt about 40k ago.

I’ve had it for a couple of months now and after sorting a few niggles such as a petrol leak, trimming the perished rubber back on the roof rails (-looks so much better!) some minor and not so minor rust issues, non-working air-con and a leaking water hose! I’m well impressed with it to say the least –especially the noise it makes!

First big purchase are some 16” rims coming from Germany which took several weeks of deciding what to go for –something slightly bigger, more modern but still hopefully suit the car –not easy, I almost went for 17” porker rims but the roads down here in cornwall aren’t the smoothest! –will post pics when they arrive.

Future plans include; a slight drop in suspension height mainly for looks as it handles very well already -don’t want to upset the balance of handling vs’s comfort –any recommendations? –konis?, probably a Magnex stainless zorst system soon as the original system is not looking brill, leather interior would be nice! –my misses has got leather in her polo!!

Anyway hopefully see some of you at any future meets in cornwall,

Cheers!

Simon

Hey Si, how's it going?

Glad to see you got yourself one at last :thumbleft: - make sure you bring it down to the meet next Saturday at Tims bar in hayle!

Cheers guys,

She's not 100% perfect but pretty good for her age and what i paid for her, will post pics once the new wheels are bolted up! -should turn up his week hopefully.

Wales; yer not bad dude, hoping to get to the meet on sat just need to convince the misses!, -what time is everyone meeting up?

Have you got another rado now?