Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Not a Write Off :-))) and now fixed...

:cry: :cry: Chris, glad you're OK but I'm gutted for you mate. I can't disagree with the thoughts on the damage, but remember 007 and never say die, there might be something out there with the back stove in. Guess you won't really know how bent it is till the garage have had a good look at it. Fingers are crossed for you

Bare in mind, if the car is written off then you repair it - the car will be logged as a written-off-and-repair car, which may not help with selling (god forbid!) in the future.

Glad you're ok though!

First repair estimate was £4500 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Garage is now doing some work on the labour figures to try and get it down, but I'm still not sure if I'd want it back now. Needs jigging to straighten the front end a tiny bit. Will it ever feel the same again?

Thing is - it was in such good (near perfect!) condition, that anything but a miracle repair and it just won't feel right.....

If is is written off, it will be as "uneconomical to repair" rather than "total loss". Following any subsequent repairs, it can be removed from the written off register with an appropriate engineer's inspection...

Just checked Autotrader and there a few N reg VR6's with similar mileages going for between £6200 & £7000...

Who knows...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, after a bit of to-ing & fro-ing the insurance co. have agreed to repair my C.

I decided this was the best (least hassle!) option in the end. Just can wait to have it back now...

Final estimate was £4339 - of which £280 was paint & materials and £660 was labour and a massive £3399 was parts!!!

That's of course without them finding further damage etc. when they get it stripped down...

Over the past week I've discovered that I don't like being Corrado-less :cry: :cry: :cry:

congrats mate

nice to see thats one more thats been saved just make sure the do the work properly and dont cut corners but then if they are trusted body shop you should be fine

congrats mate

nice to see thats one more thats been saved just make sure the do the work properly and dont cut corners but then if they are trusted body shop you should be fine

Don't worry - I'm on their case already... if it comes back less than perfect they've had it...

Good news! I'm pretty impressed with your insurer to be honest - who are they? Certainly that repair bill will be over the 60% of the car valuation in Glasses, so either they must be allowing for the fact that it's becoming a collectible car, or your just very persuasive :)

Joe

that is good news mate.

I am surprised they agreed to pay that figure, but as long as the work is done well, then you'll have her back soon(ish).

And your ok, so all ended for the best IMO. :)

Thera

Good news! I'm pretty impressed with your insurer to be honest - who are they?

Oh yus - it's Churcill

Certainly that repair bill will be over the 60% of the car valuation in Glasses, so either they must be allowing for the fact that it's becoming a collectible car, or your just very persuasive :)

Joe

I did talk at some length with the assessor about the value of the car. He first offered me £4800 as a figure for total loss (from Glasses & Parkers) but I managed to talk him up to £6000 with evidence from autotrader ads.

My excess is £650 ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) so with that taken off the estimate of the cost to the insurers stands at £3689 which is still just a shade over 60% of the value. I guess it was pretty close to the edge :wink:

The guy at the repairers described it as "semi-collectable" and seemed quite knowledgable about VWs in general, so who knows, fingers crossed.

glad that its looking likely to work out to your satisfaction chris.......and i'm sure the bodyshop will do a grand job of it...........keep us posted anyhow..........just feel for you being Corrado-less for a while tho....total nightmare :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well i'm delighted for you that your car won't be written off.. and its also nice to see the insurance company not screwing the customer for once, and actually appreciating the value of the Corrado.

But my word.. £3,400 in parts.. thats quite an astounding figure!! :(

This is VW remember. You can't just buy "wing mirror glass" you have to buy "Corrado N/S" or "Corrado O/S"... That's why it's so expensive....... ;)

Excellent news. Churchill eh. You could try letting the dog out to track down the moron who hit you :lol:

Excellent news. Churchill eh. You could try letting the dog out to track down the moron who hit you :lol:

I know who she was - but it was my fault :oops: :oops: :oops:

...which kinda makes me feel worse

I really loved (love !!!) my C - I'd been pining after one for years. It was that sort of car that I was happy to drive just for the fun of it (offering to give anyone & everyone in the family a lift just as an excuse to get out in it).

Now it's been taken away from me I'm missing it more than I'd ever imagined... couting down the seconds til it's back...

:oops: Actually it's me should be embarassed. I owe the other party an apology, I mixed this up with another thread - hit and run down the side.

Sorry