Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

Will this fit a VR

Schrick/VSR like thing

Babelfish, helpful as ever, says:

Switching suction tube (VSR) for the "old" VR6 engine:

This switching suction tube gave it only very short time in the USA. It is the advancement all-side well-known VOLKSWAGEN engine haven VR6 VSR and in very SIMILAR form in the gulf V6 and R32 is used at present.

The special at this switching suction tube is: It fits on the cylinder head of the old 12Ventil VRs!

By the large engine cover the engine looks clearly more newly and naturally also special than a normal VR6 engine.

This switching suction tube is still rarer than desired VOLKSWAGEN engine haven VSR!!!

Furthermore the suction tube offered here has the advantage that one in the inserted condition the spark plugs change can, goes with Schrick not; there the suction tube must off...

To the installation:

In principle the installation is possible into all VR6 engines, all the same which year of construction. With the newer engines with electronic butterfly valve and 3Bar gasoline pressure control valve is somewhat simpler the installation.

The amount of air measurer and the air cleaner (from space reasons I recommend an open air cleaner such as K&N 57i) must simply on the other side, that are everything.

To the increased output:

The variable suction tube ensures for the fact that the engine has already in the lower numbers of revolutions clearly more torques. With switching suction tube the engine pulls with 3000UpM already as well as series only with 4000UpM...

- > gasoline saves and provides for better elasticity values and more driving fun.

In this auction the following parts are contained:

- VSR with negative pressure switching box

- single solenoid valve

- vacuum timing control

- injecting border with 3Bar gasoline pressure control valve

- sucking in bridge lower part with e-nozzles

- special valve cover

- some hoses for air and negative pressure

- syphon

- mounting plates

- El. Butterfly valve and aluminum ring for adaptation on other butterfly valves.

- Schrick controller for the control of the single solenoid valve (in the picture, but does not participate)

- VOLKSWAGEN engine haven VSR fitting instruction

- with it the engine cover is unfortunately not complete. Here unfortunately only the part with the VOLKSWAGEN indication participates, settles however the part number of the complete cover, can one in each VOLKSWAGEN-VAG shop orders.

Internationally Bidders:

Please ask about the shipping costs before bidding.

Feel free ton contact ME for information about the variable intake manifold.

Thank you!

I was worried about this bit fitting - are our inlets not circular?

Prob not the time to be thinking of this... buying a house at the moment.

But I miss my schrick :(

ssr_sr.jpg

...but you're TB will then be on the other side of the engine, like the 24v one.

It will defo fit AAA and ABV btw, just with the above mentioned problem! :)

Dutch

So probs with fitting would include:

Moving MAF

Throttle cable?

Air Filter

Anything else?

Might keep a beady eye on it and have a go at fitting sometime :-)

Cool, I didn't realise the yanks got a funky manifold on their 12Vs! Should defo fit then in that case, as the others said.

They did, but only on MKIV Golf 12v VR6's AFAIK.

The TB mounting holes will be for an OBD11 TB, so you would need a converting plate thingy to be able to mount your OBD1 TB.

Apart from space issues on mounting your airbox etc. on that side of the engine I'm not sure if the ISV will fit/work either.

edit:

It doesn't look like there is any controller for the vacuum thingy either and I presume that would have been built into the OE MKIV 12v VR ECU, which could be a big problem.

Dutch

Wish I'd known that 2 years ago when I bought the schrick! Oh well.... same as always...VW making maximum effort for the Americans.

A schrick controller box will control the flap OK I reckon.... unless the MK4 has a different program of openings? And yeah it will be an issue if it's ECU only as it's all OBD2! Big job potentially....

Nah, cuz you're OBDII and you're sending you're air all over the place ;)

Suppose your log might work better though!