Sign in to follow this  
8yourcivic

G60 vs VR6

hey everybody im new to VWs (i drive a honda and hate it) and i was wondering is the G60 better than the VR6 or is the VR6 better ??? and why.

thanks

Hi,

Not trying to wind anyone up but.......... :twisted:

Ive had both and prefer the G60 over the VR6 But only if you have sorted out the G60 a little bit first- ie. chip, pulley, exhaust, de- cat, induction kit.

The engine is not as heavy as the Vr6 so the car handles better and if you do the mods that ive listed then it will be just as quick and the power will come in alot lower + the money you would save over the Vr6 will allow you to do these mods! :p

And you wont have the ridiculous fuel bill of the Vr6. (the G60 still isnt good though)

The Vr6 is also not very tuneable and the engine wont last long with any srerious mods to it ( trust me i know this :mad: ) You can supercharge them but the belts slip and the fuel consumption is similar to that of a formula one car! though not as quick- you might as well just start stuffing 50 notes in the tank! + that sort of power on a two wheel drive car is not always useable apart from in a staright line + it cost around £4k to do.

Get the G60 my Boy oh and they are rarer to unless were talking campaign Or storm VR6 :D

I've never been in a g60 but I know the vr6 is a cracking car.

The engine is heavier but the track and camber angles etc. have been altered to cope with the extra weight and the handling is fantastic with the correct suspension.

You can tune the vr6 and many have done so without problems.

Don't see why the engine would suddenly pack up if I decided to go for a bigger throttle body, rechip or vsr.

I went down the supercharged route and I can't say I've had any problems. Yes fuel economy is not as good (averages 25-27 but 30mpg on the motorway) but what do you expect. Same as any other car with similar levels of performance.

I don't think the extra power has affected drivability and the belt rarely slips. Because the power is progressive there is no sudden surge which would normally have the front wheels fighting for grip and it is still very pliable on road and track. All for 2k (not 4k). It really is a great modification (more power) and better value than trying to improve the breathing with a vsr and the like.

Oh and supercharged corrado vr6s are rarer than g60s!

G60's are loud and in your face to drive

VR6 offer a bit more tranquility (until induction and high revs)

I would be happy with either

The only way to decide is to drive them both

G60, on a nice cold day flying through the gears 2-3-4th, they really shift when modded :)

You can get 40mpg from one if driving carefully, ragging it you'll get about 19-22mpg

you're right munkay.. it really comes down to personal preference. i always said "if i get a corrado it has to be a VR6" until i got a G60... now i'd never consider a VR6. i have my reasons that i wont go into..it'll end up being a 12 paragraph essay.

just a guess but you may find that most with a G60 will tell you G60 and most with a VR will tell you VR.

Like roddy says its been argued a million times but they are both corrados!!!! :lol:

just a guess but you may find that most with a G60 will tell you G60 and most with a VR will tell you VR.

Like roddy says its been argued a million times but they are both corrados!!!! :lol:

You missed off

"ps VR6 roolz!"

;)

and the rumour about the vr6 drinking shed loads of petrol is bo**ocks,ive had 38mpg @ a steady 80-90 mph which is pretty damn good, which is even better than my old 16v golf

:angel: G60 G60 G60 G60 G60 G60 G60 G... :angel:

:p Hehe but then I'm biased :lol: [/size

:thumb right: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbleft:

I really have to stop eating those strange mushrooms I keep finding in the garden......

G60 ur logo is excellent and i approve massiv-ly lol

Once u driven a G60 its hard to find something as flexible or addictive to drive

Way i see it VR6 are good cars dont get me wrong but the bills and mpg do tend to scare me a bit

Andi wanna burn LOL :p

As people have said already, it's down to personal preference.

In terms of reliability and fuel consumption I would say they are both fairly similar. Also I wouldn't say that the G60 being less common is a good thing.