VR enthusiast

red VR6 badge

Does anyone know why some vr6 cars have a red badge ('VR6' all red on front grille, just the '6' red on rear badge) and some silver? Would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me as I'm considering buying a car which unexpectedly has red badges!

Cheers

the standard badges are red or chrome............the chrome ones were fitted on late model ones

as for ones that have just the 6 in red thats purely been done DIY.............done the same to a spare chrome badge i have

and also swapped my front chrome VR6 badge with a red VR6 one

the standard badges are red or chrome............the chrome ones were fitted on late model ones

as for ones that have just the 6 in red thats purely been done DIY.............done the same to a spare chrome badge i have

and also swapped my front chrome VR6 badge with a red VR6 one

As from which month/ year do we consider it as "late"? Are you entirely sure about this distinction on the badge color? Would really like to find out (inknow and ageee with you that the ones with the 6 only in red are diy ugly stuff). Thks

All vr6 badges were red on the front and back from 91/92-93, then from mid 93,(September I think) they were all chrome. The Corrado badge on the rear was painted as body colour from 92-93, then chrome from 93

Maff mant thks. Therefore, my 92 should have the corrado badge in body color (it does) and the vr6 badges front and rear in red, right? I am afraid i need two new red ones 😳😳😳 (1 silver front i actually do have...). Thks mate

I always thought of it as red badge meant distributor version and silver had coilpack.

Which roughly works out about right Jim .

I believe Jim is right here - the red badges were for the early VR6s with distributor instead of the coil pack. Mine has red VR6 front and back and a body-coloured Corrado script on the rear. It's a 93 reg car, made in late 1992.

Mine is registered in September 93 (L reg) has a coil pack and came with red VR6 badges. Although they are now silver :-)

There were crossover years with early late badges/interiors that had coil packs or distributors

You are right with th crossover issue, because i am May 92 with distributor, and interior with sliding heating system + with the window buttons on the door card and not on the door pocket...

I don't think anyone knows the exact crossover period . We can only narrow it down . As georgaco says he has a May 92 car with early parts , mine is November 92 with late parts . There must have been a time when someone on the production line said , "that's the last car , it's new parts from now on ".