herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Well the wheels are with the guy so this time next week she will be blinging. Im not sure how they will look in photos tbh, might not even show much difference :lol: but he's not just doing a normal refurb hence special :D

Quick update, i just got off the phone with the guy doing my wheels who is Ray Smith who's company is RS Repairs based in northants for anyone needing to get wheels refurbed or any bodywork damage repaired this guy is the bollox.

He's nearly finished them so hopefully i will be picking them up tomorrow ready for ultimate dubs on sunday.

I cant hold it in any longer so here is what he has done to them:

- machined them down getting rid of curbing and old lacquer etc.

- sprayed BLACK :wink:

- GLASS sprinkle coat to give it a black chrome look

- a teeny weeny tint of purple which apparently isnt noticeable unless you look for it which i think its just awesome!

- clear coat

- and he has left the inside of the rims black.

THEY ARE GOING TO LOOK FAPPING AWESOME!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Watch this space for pics of the finished wheels hopefully tomorrow, i cant wait to put them on!

Be patient pictures will come soon!! :lol: i will get some of the 2 he's already done later actually and get them up later. Then take some of them on the car tomorrow 8)

My services :D i am making him a website in exchange for the wheels.

But i think usually for a good refurb with the black undercoat and silver flake coat etc he charges about £60 per wheel. With mine however he used a better glass coat which in the sun is supposed to look fantastic and he added the tiny purple tint and painted the inside of the rims as well so i would imagine a bit more pricey job.

I went to him for a normal refurb but he wants to get his work known as much as possible at shows/forums etc so he mentioned this technique which i turned my nose up to at first being a tight bastard but when i mentioned a website in return he jumped at the idea so worked out good both ways :D

Should look tight Rob. I've always liked your motor, blackberry is the best colour imo and your wheels are killer... Any chance of a photoshop to keep us going?

you should offer your services to vwchick, i believe she was talking about getting a website the other day...

I think its the whole wheel as its not a black finish its a black chrome effect. I havent seen them at all since he started them and i basically let him use his imagination on them and do what he feels would suit my car as well as show his skills off.

Im going over his at 5 so pics will follow after then!

ooh i can feel the anticipation :lol:

What does Black chrome look like then???

Chrome thats black :lol:

Actually they dont look very chrome to me, they are more gun metal but i havent seen them in sunlight yet and apparently thats when they are best so i hope it sunny tomorrow and especially sunday! The job he has done is basically how porsche and BMW wheels are done and they do look rather porschey to me. In the light i could JUST make out a slight purple tint but its only the very slightest but he said that on a very sunny day and in motion you should see it a bit better 8)

Anyway here they are chaps ... PICTURES!!!

I only picked up 2 as the other 2 are being sprayed tonight and finished off tomorrow morning and then i just need to get the balanced and put them on :D

What do you think??

I think they look ace Rob, cant believe you cant get 288s behind them though, they are like garden rollers!!!

Cheers Goldie, yeah you would think that 288's would fit under them easily and the brakes themselves would but its clearance with the caliper carriers thats the problem, because of the way the spokes bend in at the top. If the fronts were the same offset as the backs they would be ok but they look gash with the fronts sticking out a lot imo and i will have catching issues at the fronts as well as rear!!

I am looking into the S2 calipers as they are supposed to be sh*t hot and are a straight fit on the vr apparently, but again i just need to find out if they are any bigger in size than standards first. If they are a little bit bigger then i dont mind spacing the wheels out a tad but too much and they will look crap.

I hope you get a brake mod sorted...

When you charge it up you are going to need them!!!

Yeah i know, tbh they werent how i thought they would be either, they just look gun metal to me and even with the sun out today, they are shiny but not as much as he made out they would be.

Oh well they still look nice on the car. Just going to put some pics up.

Well here are some pics of the wheels on the car at long last! They look sweet. The sun wasnt really out much though when i took the pics which is a shame but they still look pretty shiny.

The guy came round to see them on the car and said that the glass coat he puts on them is supposed to reflect the black coat behind more when the sun is beaming down on them which will make them look bright silver and as you move round the car quite dark as well. Its supposed to be a nice day tomorrow so hopefully they will look awesome for UD 8)

Anyway a few pics :)

I think they work really well in the gun metal colour, i think too dark wouldnt have looked right...

They make the speedies look a tad on the wimpy side..

What next then Rob??