herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

:shock: :shock:

So gutted I missed this, you must only be about 50miles from oxford?

sounds like you had a good one, awesome pics and good find on the water pump? (any idea where the broken blades are? :( )

Uni starts again on monday so will be back to not really doing much 24/7... :lol:

cant make up my mind whether i like where that one is or not, its kinda sleeper as you dont see it but at the same time i like opening the bonnet and seeing a supercharger :lol:

exactly my thoughts.

Tbh if you have the skills to knock up a strong enough bracket you could put it pretty much anywhere in line with the pullies

dont thik i have the balls or the skills to do that probably fook the full engine up with my luck :(

anyway love to see what the fuel consumptions like on a rotrex as most of the time its producing boost so im thinking it might be quite high,only thing putting me off at the mo.

So rob where abouts in rushden are you from?, cant believe i havnt seen your car around.

Ive seen a red and a black corrado about but ive never seen yours.

So rob where abouts in rushden are you from?, cant believe i havnt seen your car around.

I live on Hayway. Tbh you wont have seen it for a little while as its been off the road due to the insurance running out so i bought my £100 polo to get me about.

I work in Sharnbrook but i jump on the bypass so i wouldnt really drive past wymington road. I hardly drive around rushden anyway as all my mates and the gym i go to are in kettering so im either there, at home or at work!

I live on Hayway. Tbh you wont have seen it for a little while as its been off the road due to the insurance running out so i bought my £100 polo to get me about.

I work in Sharnbrook but i jump on the bypass so i wouldnt really drive past wymington road. I hardly drive around rushden anyway as all my mates and the gym i go to are in kettering so im either there, at home or at work!

Rob did you have a motorhispania when you were 16?!.

Where abouts in sharnbrook do you work as ive got a couple of friends who work over there. You dont work at that new hotel thats recently opened do you?.

Where abouts in sharnbrook do you work as ive got a couple of friends who work over there. You dont work at that new hotel thats recently opened do you?.

Yes i did have a motorhispania when i was 16! Tommy long, would tha be Tom Longstaff by any chance?

Nah i work, well worked as i have just finished to go back to uni, for Unilever at Colworth Park.

Yes i did have a motorhispania when i was 16! Tommy long, would tha be Tom Longstaff by any chance?

Nah i work, well worked as i have just finished to go back to uni, for Unilever at Colworth Park.

Haha yeah it is mate. Bloody hell i didnt know you were into your dubs, last time i saw you you had that zetec s.

You still kick it with dan?.

By the way nine motor. :notworthy:

quick q Rob, what kind of torque figures to hoping for?

I have no idea mate, with the rotrex its not so much about figure but more when it comes in and how. I have kept the outlet of the charger at 50mm for as long as i could to keep the air compression for more low down torque! When its running i am going to get it tested for boost, AFR, and might as well get power as well so i know what its doing, at the moment i will be in the same boat as CrazyDave!

Haha yeah it is mate. Bloody hell i didnt know you were into your dubs, last time i saw you you had that zetec s.

You still kick it with dan?.

By the way nine motor. :notworthy:

Bloody hell small world! Yeah i had the zetec s before this, but then i saw the light! I have always liked dubs just never started off with one, the corrado is my all time fav car so had to own one so sold the fezzy and got this!

Dont really see Dan so much, i see him because he lives at the bottom of my road but dont really do anything with him.

So, you think it'll be all up and running by the end of play tomorrow, Rob? What's left to do?

There's no reason why not, the only thing that would stop it would be if there is a part we need that i dont have but i am pretty sure i have everything.

I was going to update it properly but may as well say it all now. I got my new stat housing yesterday (the correct one this time :roll:) and installed it with a 70 degree stat i got off Jon (cheers mate) and re-installed the rad and all pipes etc and filled with G12 and de-ionised water from the top rad hose until it came to min mark in expansion tank. I obviously cant run the engine yet though to get air out so will have to wait until the charger is done, i also fitted a new fan switch on the rad just in case as well as i dont think my speed 1 fan was coming on when it should. So thats my cooling sorted out (hopefully!) i shat myself lastnight as i went back in the garage after having dinner etc to see a small puddle of coolant on the floor :shock: but i just didnt tighten the jubilee clip on the bottom rad hose enough :lol:

The charger is properly secured now with the belt installed. I had to space the charger bracket out a tad with some washers as the alternator pulley was touching it but now it doesnt and the pullies all line up. I also fitted the first silicon hose, the 90 degree elbow coming out the inlet and down the carbon canister hole, bloody tight though :shock: even with some of the elbow cut down its still squeezed in there! I have got a big long bit of flexible air ducting and have fitted the MAF and cone filter to it, but i think i need another joiner to fit it to the silicon elbow.

So really all thats left to do is fit the rest of the piping, install the fuel regulator (i dont know what im doing with that really so will wait for karls help!), change plugs and fit decat pipe (needs the angle grinder taking to it i reckon!) then put it all back together and fire her up :D Once she's warm and been taken for a spin and all is well im going to give her an oil and filter change.

I took some pics so will post them up a bit later on.

Making good progress Rob, hope you get it all done today, looking forward to seeing it installed. Have you seen Jim's feeler thread about a RR day at stealth next month? Would be a good test for it.

Good luck for today.

I took some pics so will post them up a bit later on.

Will tehy take as long as your ED38 pics Rob? :lol:

Yeah possibly :lol:

The charger might/might not be working today now as karl sadly couldnt make it, but he is coming tomorrow morning. However i am going to try my darn hardest to get it running today, there's not a lot left to do its just this fuel regulator thingy im a bit miffed with!

If I wasn't feeling like a lazy slob today i'd make the drive over for the inaugural starting up! I'm "only" 50 miles away.