Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

The Worlds Ugliest Car

Just wondering what examples of car design really make you want to rip your eyes out with hot pokers?

for me it was a close run race between the Austin-Princess (were they taking the pi55 with that name or what?) and the Pontiac-Aztec..............

The aztec just wins...........

pontiac_aztec.jpg

2001-05-Pontiac-Aztek-01129291990002.JPG

2005-Pontiac-Aztek-04129291990003.JPG

rear_outside.jpg

Fiat Multipla :lol:

Yup, i'll second that, who the fook designed it and what the hell were they smoking that day....jaysus. :pukeleft:

This has to be a contender, I am very surprised that nobody has mentioned this little monster as yet……………introducing the one and only Ssangyong Rodius, it looks like someone has just put a DIY tinted conservatory on the back of it.

04.jpg

20060206-ssangyong-rodius.png

350_3.jpg

tho i think the BL range from the 70's is kinda cool now in a retro-chic way..........

i resent that comment, my first car was an austin 1300GT and it was great, ehum. Until i got in the car one day having left my keys in the pocket, straightened my leg to strectch and get them out and put my foot straight through the inner wing!! Nice rust proofing!

Hyundi acent or should i say accident is a pig aswell.

lol - I was just looking up that SsangYong abomination and then I scroll down the page and someone has posted it!

What WERE they thinking?! Its vile!

the ds is not an ugly car...

i'd second that... it's one of those cars that falls into the 'brilliantly clever, but before it's time' categories, with the NSU Ro80 etc.

i don't necessarily agree with everything on the 'uglycars' site, although they do have some real contenders... Audi A2, the Aero 8, the Cayenne and the Maxi - sorry Rodder's but the BL statement will take some qualifying!!

Ewwww! THOSE were revolting. My first car was a Morris Marina and that is ALMOST as awful as the examples above. It's saving grace was that the back end was very light and great fun to throw round corners. (Still didnt make it pretty tho).

It's a shame but Seat designs are going down hill IMO - I was overtaken by the new Toledo today which made me want to clean my eyes out with bleech :lol:

toledo_01.jpg

The two tone color in this pic actualy helps the shape slightly but it still looks rough IMO

Take away the 2 tone paint, its not a bad looking car, seen worse. Though the Leon is better looking.

Now this IS ugly....

the wagon queen family truckster. if you're going to trek across the country there is no other car.

but i didn't order the metallic pea...

My vote has to go to the new Nissan Micra.

Without a doubt should NEVER have made it past the drawing board.

The perplexing thing is this though...

Ther are thousands out and about, i mean, are these people blind???

Take away the 2 tone paint, its not a bad looking car, seen worse. Though the Leon is better looking.

Now this IS ugly....

truckster1.jpg

isn't htis the car that homer simpson designed for uncle herb :lol:

Description:

Filesize: 22.14 KB

Viewed: 7 Time(s)

My vote has to go to the new Nissan Micra.

Without a doubt should NEVER have made it past the drawing board.

The perplexing thing is this though...

Ther are thousands out and about, i mean, are these people blind???

any chance you can pop around a convince my wife of that matt?? she's adamant that if a lottery win should grace us at some point, that a gold coloured one of them will be hers!! :roll:

Could we have a new champ??

If Autocar is a reliable indicator of the tastes of British car buyers, Chrysler may have to depend on the Patriot to carry the ball - the magazine thinks that the "distinctive" Compass Rallye could well displace the homely Ssangyong Rodius (right, below) as "Britain's ugliest car." Meanwhile, 4Car's reviewers are more kind, saying only that the Rallye's "different look is likely to polarise opinion."

compassrallye2.jpg

It makes me mad when a car company has to make job cuts for cars not selling,nothing to do with the workers, just crap design! how can anyone think this looks good?