Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

G60 Rear Engine Mount

My local indie gave the car a once over about 5 months ago and he said it was looking weak.

And very recently, I'm feeling the engine 'move' when I take up drive.

Also had new front mount, top mounts and wishbone bushes very recently - so it aint any of those (i hope).

Where is the best place to take the weight of the engine?

the last time i tried to change the rear engine the one i got from GSF didnt even fit properlly!! its not a bad job, just make sure the mount you get is VAG

Will be doing mine soon on my G60, I have read somplace that you need to drop the subframe !! is this ture, had a quick look and it is very tight in there,

Whats best way of changing step by step would really be apprecited, will be using a lift to do job.

Rob.

Will be doing mine soon on my G60, I have read somplace that you need to drop the subframe !! is this ture, had a quick look and it is very tight in there,

Whats best way of changing step by step would really be apprecited, will be using a lift to do job.

Rob.

all you need on the 4 cyl cars is to lift the engine a cm or so to slide the old mount out, you may need to lift the car slightly if it on lowered suspension as the wishbone on the drivers side gets in the way a bit

do not buy GSF unless you use the car on the track, the vibration will knock your fillings out,

AVS 'FEBI' ones are fine though here

Yes, I have fitted 2 now. The GSF was a pile of sh*te as it was tooth shatteringly stiff.

As for lifting, I used a trolley jack on a couple of bricks and lifted the engine on the block lip at the front.

The mount will come out - after a bit of wiggling and manipulation...

Dead easy.