BILLCOR

No Rado.... But a New Golf 7R

I was under the impression that taking paint all the way back to bare metal on the whole car can lead to an increased chance of moisture getting trapped on the bare metal and eventually rust coming through after a while. Its a large surface area. I realise you need to get rid of any corrosion however when they paint at the factory Im sure its in sealed and de-humidified booths for this very reason. I could be takling tosh though...

I suppose there's always a chance that some moisture could get trapped, but I'm sure they know what they are doing and be assured, if there is any sign of rust coming through, they will be sorting it FOC

Few more pics, car is now rid of all the dents and dinks, new metal around the rear arch, etch primed and coated with high build primer/filler, rubbing down starts again now

Mind if I ask what it's costing you for that level of work? Happy if you want to PM it over or something...

Mind if I ask what it's costing you for that level of work? Happy if you want to PM it over or something...

Was 2.5K, will be nearer 3K as there's been some extra's

Wee update with a few pics

Colour on the body at last, doors, hatch and bumpers getting done this afternoon :cool:

Cheers guys, really happy with it so far, will be worried about taking it out now, first stone chip is always the worst :suprised:

Cheers guys, really happy with it so far, will be worried about taking it out now, first stone chip is always the worst :suprised:

yeh you need a complete car bra for it LOL

yeh you need a complete car bra for it LOL

Isnt that a gimp suit?

Looks nice, wish I could get mine done.

Thanks again folks, It does look good, gonna have to do something about that crappy looking Borla end pipe though :norty:

Edited by BILLCOR

Car is just about finished now, I did tell them I was in no hurry :rolleyes: the mechanic at the bodyshop is checking out a very small oil leak, sump/gearbox area :scratch: hopefully nothing costly!!

Hoping to have it back on the road in the next couple of weeks, will need an MOT first, which shouldn't be a problem, get it taxed and then fit this nice dateless plate I picked up on Ebay :bonk:

Well, in typical Rado fashion, the small oil leak could mean the feckin gearbox having to come out :bad-words: seeping from around the crankcase, awaiting further investigation

Also when they moved the car in the workshop, they realised there was a leak from the radiator, whilst putting it back together, someone had pierced the rad, so they are now waiting on a new one, at least I dont have to pay for that ! Happy feckin days :rolleyes:

Car looks sweet,just needs a spoonfed lower spoiler:cool:

Thanks and yeah, I agree

---------- Post added at 4:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:40 PM ----------

Get someone to armourfend the bonnet leading edge. They are nigh on invisible nowadays.

Read about that stuff, some good, some bad, as with most things, if its done properly, no problems.

I may get a bonnet bra for any longer runs, easy enough to take off when not needed

How much did you pay for the plate if you don't mind me asking cheers.

How much do you think :study:

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess incase i look both stupid and cheeky but definetly not cheap:scratch:

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess incase i look both stupid and cheeky but definetly not cheap:scratch:

It was £500 with all fees paid, fairly cheap for a 3x3 plate :cool:

Depending how your brain works, it has a cheeky side to it if read 2x1x1x2 ;)