BILLCOR

No Rado.... But a New Golf 7R

Nice 6R :thumbleft:

Its a nice car, but I doubt I'd have another unless its a second car, there's just not enough room in them if your going away anywhere, you end up with cases on the back seat which I hate.

That aside, its a lot of fun to drive when I'm on my own, the wife doesn't like the Race mode, to noisy and brutal she says... she is the main user and drives around in Eco mode all the time which makes it feel totally gutless and she's the one with 6 points on her licence :lol:

Was just in the stealers the other day ordering some bits and pieces and they had a 7R estate outside on the lot in a nice metallic grey... really looks bloody superb. But I dread to think of the price.

Estate version it is then, I think it looks brilliant.

Estate might work right enough

Was just in the stealers the other day ordering some bits and pieces and they had a 7R estate outside on the lot in a nice metallic grey... really looks bloody superb. But I dread to think of the price.

Not a huge difference in price Jim and they were also doing some good lease deals on the estate

Well, the Golf R is due to go back in August, I was all for getting an R Estate as the replacement but was over ruled due to fuel costs :roll:

I have now ordered one of the new Tiguan 4wd R-Lines, looks good, plenty room and the fuel economy suits the other half.

Should arrive before the Golf is due back, if not, the garage has agreed to give us a car until it arrives.

Not tempted to buy the golf?

Not an option Mic, its a business lease, pay the monthly then hand it back.

I was just gonna go for another lease, but the deal I got, I've ended up buying the Tiguan.

Having leased one, would you buy it given the chance?

Just trying to gauge from ex-leasers/owners if they are long term fodder, or just a bit of short term fun.

Just trying to gauge from ex-leasers/owners if they are long term fodder, or just a bit of short term fun.

Exactly what I was wondering.

Yeah I probably would, it was just a bit small for our needs, 14 year old and his mates, dog...

My local dealership has just taken delivery of 4-5 brand new 7R's, all with Pretorias which was the cause of the huge hold up when I ordered, they are selling them with a £4k discount, obviously VW are trying to get rid of the older models to make way for the facelift Mk7

There's £3,250 of all Golf's (apart form estate) as you said stock clearing before the 7.5 is released, we (VW Dealer in Surrey) have had a steady supply of returned lease cars coming from VWFS, virtually all of them have been standard cars in 5 door DSG form.

There's £3,250 of all Golf's (apart form estate) as you said stock clearing before the 7.5 is released, we (VW Dealer in Surrey) have had a steady supply of returned lease cars coming from VWFS, virtually all of them have been standard cars in 5 door DSG form.

Mine is a Limestone Grey Manual 5dr with Pretorias, only 12k on the clock at the moment so its gonna be well below our allowed 20k miles

Cheers for the info. Ex lease probably not an option for me then as I don't like 5 door Golfs, and the 'standard issue' R blue is just a theft magnet. A 3 door in black with sunroof is probably non existent in this country!

Cheers for the info. Ex lease probably not an option for me then as I don't like 5 door Golfs, and the 'standard issue' R blue is just a theft magnet. A 3 door in black with sunroof is probably non existent in this country!

There are currently 7 used Black 3dr models in the UK for sale through VW used cars, none of them have a sunroof :p

Who uses a sunroof these days? Just something else to go wrong. Go for a walk if you need air.

Who uses a sunroof these days? Just something else to go wrong. Go for a walk if you need air.

:thumbleft: Well said Tom. How's it hanging :lol: