BILLCOR

No Rado.... But a New Golf 7R

Damn you, was resisting spending any more will now need to speak with Andy about my BBS wheel

That looks lovely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Damn you, was resisting spending any more will now need to speak with Andy about my BBS wheel

Sorry, but you know you must

Love that wheel.

Yes, you already said :thumbleft:

Well, old Mincy is going in for a nice new coat of paint in a couple of weeks, about time :rolleyes:

Well, old Mincy is going in for a nice new coat of paint in a couple of weeks, about time :rolleyes:

Hi Bill,

change of colour ? who have you got to do the work ?

Hi Bill,

change of colour ? who have you got to do the work ?

Same colour Steve, its a company just outside St As, Brownhills, do a top job, but aint cheap :bonk:

http://www.brownhillsgarage.co.uk/

Edited by BILLCOR

Same colour Steve, its a company just outside St As, Brownhills, do a top job, but aint cheap :bonk:

http://www.brownhillsgarage.co.uk/

i know them, they did a repair for me a few years back on our Audi. They made a nice job, easy to deal with.

Had my raddo's done by Archie Dewar @ Peat Inn, was always pleased with his work, just took ages !

I will look forward to the pics.

Aye, they are all local lads, know most of them personally, decent guys.

I know Archie Dewar as well and yes, he's slow, he had one of my nephews cars up there for months :rolleyes:

I was considering Stuart Moncreiff at Windygates, but his workshop is a real PITA to get to, especially with a lowered car, shame, as he is very good.

Will get some pics up when its underway :thumbleft:

Yes, its gone today :(

For new paint :cheers::cheers:

Excited I bet. Never had a car in for proper paint before but will good to see this back together with all the bits you have.

Yep, cant wait, its only a couple of miles from my house, so I'll be popping in for some pics

Got worried when I read the thread title Bill! Will be good to see it with a new lick of paint :) Finally getting those wings fitted too I assume!?

That the one on the bend heading towards Kingsbarns?

Yeah, thats the one

---------- Post added at 7:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:37 PM ----------

Got worried when I read the thread title Bill! Will be good to see it with a new lick of paint :) Finally getting those wings fitted too I assume!?

A wee joke :o yep, new paint at last, the wings haven't been finalised as yet, the guys at the bodyshop think it might be easier to roll the ones fitted to the car as they are the originals and in decent condition, will see what they decide :shrug:

Few pics of the work so far, lovely bare metal, maybe just get it laquered now, looks like a De-Loreon :cool:

thats coming on nicely, and yeh def just lacquer over bare metal would look mental.

Think I'll stick with the Blue Karl :)

---------- Post added at 1:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:32 PM ----------

Back to bare metal!!! Thats brave. How long are they taking to do this?

Why brave? will take a few weeks

Are you going to take the windows out?

Does look awesome in bare metal

Rear window and side quarters are out, door windows dont have to come out and the windscreen is staying put, the main seal has been removed and there's no sign of rust round there, so no point really.

They have found no more rust, the bodywork is solid apart from the bit around the rear arch which we knew about, new metal going on there :thumbleft:

I was under the impression that taking paint all the way back to bare metal on the whole car can lead to an increased chance of moisture getting trapped on the bare metal and eventually rust coming through after a while. Its a large surface area. I realise you need to get rid of any corrosion however when they paint at the factory Im sure its in sealed and de-humidified booths for this very reason. I could be takling tosh though...