Sign in to follow this  
The Hub

Women drivers

Just had a classic conversation with my mum.......

She has a diesel Golf and had left the interior light on over the weekend and obviously the battery went flat. So she called me tonight and asked

"will your petrol car be able to jump start my diesel car?"

She obviously doesn't realise what a battery in a car is for :roll:

Anyone else had conversations with women and then wonder why they don't get our "women drivers :roll: " attitude?

Sorry to Scarlett, Dubby, Blackcat and any other women on the forum, but it's comments like these that tar you all with that brush :lol:

Not conversations as such but experienced plenty of amusing moments with a few women in my family, etc relating to cars..

Whenever i've taken my mum out in any of my Corrado's, i've always given it a bit of throttle and I invariably look over to see her trying to press imaginary brake pedals and hanging onto the grab handle above the doors when I go into the corners. The irony is that she drives like a nutter most of the time!

I invariably look over to see her trying to press imaginary brake pedals and hanging onto the grab handle above the doors when I go into the corners.

I can relate to this, I do it in badness now, just to see her react :lol:

Thats exactly what my mum and my ex used to do mate :)

My GF is completely cool in a car though even at outrageous speeds. And she thinks Rado's are the coolest :)

You can't knock women drivers..... Remember that Top Gear episode with that German Bird!!! Made me laugh the way she did Clarkson over on the track... :lol:

I also remember Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, Nailing the Lotus esprite!!! Yeh man....

My girlfriend doesn't really understand my love for the corrado but does love the way it handles/can be driven. She is very cool at high speeds and really enjoys the quite twisty local roads!

My mum is a nightmare though, when she eventually manages to get into the "stupidly low car".

I can think of better things for hot chicks to be engaged in, other than driving cars quickly! :D

I can think of better things for hot chicks to be engaged in, other than driving cars quickly! :D

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

:?: :?: :?:

:idea:

:oops:

8)

:lol:

Agreed. And I'd rather be driving (ad in control) anyway :)

My wife loves the C, and totally understands my obsession. When I got this one, she said she wouldn't let me sell it 'cos I'd miss it too much. She doesn't like driving my cars though, in case she crashes.

I hate stereotypical women drivers!!! They give girls like me a bad name....

None of my female mates - except Nikki and Jo (who are both registered on here and have Rados) - understand my obsession and it drives me mad! lol!

However I hate it even more when guys dont take me seriously, not all women know nothing, I was spoken to very condesendingly by a bloke who's Shogun I was looking at tonight and could quite happily have slapped him...! :)

Men make cars intimidating to women, most girls know 'something' however they don't want to ask questions/say what they think for fear of being shot down... Its not easy being a girl in the car scene - hence why some of us get rather deffensive about our cars or comments that are made....

Anyway - yes, most women drivers suck, but not all of us!!!! :)

I hate stereotypical women drivers!!! They give girls like me a bad name....

None of my female mates - except Nikki and Jo (who are both registered on here and have Rados) - understand my obsession and it drives me mad! lol!

However I hate it even more when guys dont take me seriously, not all women know nothing, I was spoken to very condesendingly by a bloke who's Shogun I was looking at tonight and could quite happily have slapped him...! :)

Men make cars intimidating to women, most girls know 'something' however they don't want to ask questions/say what they think for fear of being shot down... Its not easy being a girl in the car scene - hence why some of us get rather deffensive about our cars or comments that are made....

Anyway - yes, most women drivers suck, but not all of us!!!! :)

Exactly the reason why I apologised at the start of the thread, I realise it's not all women, but it just makes me laugh how completely stupid some women can be when it comes to cars.... namely my mum :lol:

lol! cheers mate!!! the several glasses of wine I have consumed are obviously putting me in a good mood!!!

My issue with women drivers is that girls like me - and the other rado owning chicks on here - get tarred with the same brush - we're not all useless, honest!

I can parallel park (I have proof!) I can do an oil change/service, I know what an engine does, what bit is what and what it does and have no prob changing bits over /doing basic maintenance. Thats more than some of my male male can do ffs!!!!

I have a wheel obsession too and can quite happily search ebay.de for hours looking for the right stud pattern and offset to find something 'different'....

My girlie friends have always loved my rado's and have been surprised at how lovely it is to drive - one even bought one after driving mine...

Women drivers - on the whole - are useless. However there are 3 Rado's I have seen recently that have been driven by young women drivers like me - so give some of us a chance - you might just be surprised!!! :)

lol!!! Furkz, thats soooo true!!! I'd rather have a set of Borbets than Jimmy Choos anyday.... Even toyed with the idea of putting a set of 16" Borbet C's on my Audi runabout but couldnt justify the fact they would get so filthy...

loving the new wheels Furkz, veeeeeeeeery niiiice.... :)

lol! cheers mate!!! the several glasses of wine I have consumed are obviously putting me in a good mood!!!

Thats some bottle of wine, I slate women drivers and now i am your mate :lol:

What a civilised conversation!

I agree with all so far, and would add to level the field, that its male t.atts with spaxo's (not you Jim) that put our insurance premiums up.

I've seen 4, yes 4 "modded" saxo's on their roof in the last 3 weeks!!

3 of which i have seen being driven rediculously around town/ring road.

My other half knows a fair old bit about cars, which makes it increasingly difficult to get new stuff past her because she notices.

I used to have no problem with women drivers then, last year, one knocked me off my DR-Z400 and ran me over. I now have a problem with that particular one. The rest are ok...for now.