Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Cheers guys, its always nice to get the recognition, im very happy with how its taking shape. Im just like everyone else though, there is so much more i want to do...

Im lookinh forward to getting a chance to show it again, the Scorcher event may have to be sacked off, could boil down to attending or Samcos so may wait for Tatton and Harewood...

Well done goldie, i think it might of been the red fan shroud that gave you the engine bay win !!! Ha Ha, car is looking different to the last time i saw it on that freakishly hot spring day !! You will have to get yourself up to harewood its goin to be the maiden voyage for my corrado !!

jimmi...............

Been a while since ive updated this thread so i thought id show what ive been up to with the old girl..

Regretably ive spent my mods budget for the moment and with E38 coming up there has been a rediclous amount of cleaning going on. Have learnt a whole load of useful stuff and bits to use over on Detailing World so here are a couple of the results. There really is some good stuff available out there that isnt available in the shops and i reckon its well worth it..

Im hoping to Sorn the car around November time and keep her tucked up over the winter, im on the look out for a Mk2 to use a a runner and have a little tinker with so once it arrives ill stick some pictures up..

Anyway one of the things id meant to do for ages is shampoo the carpet and mats and im glad i have now because it has been restored to its former glory, Megs all Purpose Cleaner is what i used, i also use it for wheel cleaning, wheel arches and some engine bay work. The mat in the picture looked like it was past its best as the VR6 logo was black but TBH they are as good as new...

Today ive spent ages polishing her up with a combination of Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss Protection sealent and some Purple Haze Dodo juice and she has come up a treat, im trying to build up a nice shine for next weekend, im gonna do some work on the black trim and a few other bits and bobs tomorrow.

The close up reflection is just for you Rob cause i know you like that sort of thing.. :)

DSCN2786.jpg

DSCN2787.jpg

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2789.jpg

lol, and to think you were thinking of selling it! crazyness!

good work though, looking perfect as always :)

Looks alright mate.... Might need to take another engine to ed38 with me... Will it be ok in your boot? ;)

Looking at the pictures and knowing you thought about selling makes me question your sanity... I'd rather have a car like this than nearly any of the others on the forum, except knowing me I'd make it dirty and sad, and haul animals around, so it's probably best I don't have a car like this.

Does look smart mate and a credit to your hard work! Your brakes make me think of christmas trees though with the red and green :lol:

Looking good Michael as always 8) and thanks for the reflection pic :lol: I agree with Toad in that you must of been going insane to think about selling it, its just such a nice example!

How do you rate the Dodo Juice mate? Not tried any yet but i think the purple haze is what im going to have to try pretty soon! So far i have been really pleased with my Victoria Concours but i think im going to have to give the Dodo a try, plus it gives me another wax option to offer customers when i start detailing which wont be long now eek!

yeah i agree, one of the best (if not THE best car on the forum) i love it to bits. really well cared for. you should be very proud of her.

Thankyou very much Dan, i have a feeling that i know whos car will be a strong contendor for that title though, 16v G60, TVR interior and quite frankly the best wheels ever, i think you know whos car im talking about..

The Dodo juice seems really good, in comparison to the stuff i was using before it is a lot drier, like a proper wax if you know what i mean. Its nice and clean to use and has brought a good shine up, TBH the pics dont really tell the full story but i think that is down to the camera, for example have a look at the pic below that JBOB took at Harewood it looks great but in reality the car had been washed and quik detailed and looks ten times better now..

Your welcome to have a go of the Purple Haze at E38 Rob to see what you reckon, ill put another coat on tomorrow and let you know how its coming along..

0026.jpg

My favorite Storm.. Im just starting my cleaning too and giving the dodo a try i went for the rain forest stuff and im really pleased so far with the results...

My favorite Storm.. Im just starting my cleaning too and giving the dodo a try i went for the rain forest stuff and im really pleased so far with the results...

Cheers Darren, im looking forward to seeing how your TT has changed which no doubt it will have in some way...

Intrigued by this new interior, i saw that youd sold your exiting stuff on a little while back. Im sure whatever it is youve done is gonna be the business...

Michael, car looking awesome as always!

Wish mine looked that good :lol: , but I do spend to much time under the bonnet.

Seconded! Looking stunning mate 8) When are you gonna turbo it then?

Cheers Andy, no danger of it being a Turbo, itll either end up with a charger or VR6 evicted to make way for an R32. All in good time though...

Hi Michael,

Just been browsing through your full gallery (as you do) & just wanted to say that you are doing an absolutely cracking job of it & its gotta be the best STORM anywhere these days, i know how much work must be involved & its a credit to you mate, just wish i could get mine looking 1/10th as good as yours!!! Keep smiling :D

Cheers Andy

Thanks very much Andy although there are a few other Storms out there which are more worthy of the title.. I thought you were getting rid of yours, you keeping it now??

Only updates on mine are the addition of Red Ht leads, some more engine bay tidying and the colour coding of the debadged grill and rear number plate panel which im rather happy with...

Not long now until its going to bed for the winter...

i too think of this as one of my favs, its the one i always look at and think i'd like mine like that :)

best colour too 8)

my effots so far

DSC00236.jpg

i need your brakes :lol: i know i asked about this before, will have a re-read, because brakes are next on my list

Thanks very much Andy although there are a few other Storms out there which are more worthy of the title.. I thought you were getting rid of yours, you keeping it now??

Only updates on mine are the addition of Red Ht leads, some more engine bay tidying and the colour coding of the debadged grill and rear number plate panel which im rather happy with...

Not long now until its going to bed for the winter...

Yeah mate i WAS going to get rid....but when it came down to it & i actually had someone intereted in taking it off my hands, i just could'nt do it!! I honestly could'nt think of anything that could compare for sheer driving pleasure (without spending sill money) & just plain & simple good looks, so its staying!!

I have decided to spend a bit of my hard earned on it over the next month or so, i know its great timing as alot are putting them away for the winter, but i'm afraid i don't have that luxury (unlike some :wink: )

I am looking at dropping it 40mm & on the lookout for some nice alloys either 16 or 17's & then looking at getting a bit of bodywork & paint in the spring hopefully.

Anyway you'll see me posting a bit from now on now that i've realised i've got that 'rado' bug a bit more than i thought i had.

Cheers Andy

i too think of this as one of my favs, its the one i always look at and think i'd like mine like that :)

best colour too 8)

my effots so far

DSC00236.jpg

Your efforts are paying off nicely, thats excatly the look ive tried to go for with mine, understated and subtle..

Glad yours is a keeper Andy, with that fresh engine in you really are laughing, look forward to seeing how it progresses...

Looking good Michael, you say youve tidied the engine bay up a bit more...what was left to tidy you could eat your dinner of it already??!! lol

Seriously Im really impressed with the work your doing on this, its all the little touches that finish it off for me.

Graham

Well the car has had its last run of the year yesterday, not planning on putting it back on the road until about April as i want to keep the car off the salty roads and have got loads of jobs i want to do, i wrote them all out today and its nearly sides of A4. There are no drastic changes planned at the moment but mainly painting jobs, engine bay details, new rear calipers, bushes etc etc.

The first major change to the car will be coming next year... :)

Heres a couple of recently taken piccies...

DSC_0253-1.jpg

DSC_0110-1.jpg

DSC_0107-1.jpg

DSC_0105-1.jpg