Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Agree that the wheels indeed give it the impact it may be missing Michael look at the attention Bill and Gareth's cars recieved, however it has to go deeper than just bolt on bits, it also has to be carried out well if you know what i mean? your detail skill is absoloutely awsome and very thorough.

I spent quite some time looking while you weren't there :lol: and i kid you not i'm so glad i dont have to compete against such examples like yours, andy's dave's, neil's and especially shaun's :shock:

You know what im like and yes Gareths car is the standard and style that i try to pitch mine towards. I dont think you need worry about mine though mate and ive said exactly the same about your and Judiths that i am glad its a different challenge, the fact you guys dont have any mods to gain the wow factor is a huge statement in itself..

Im down to that bolt on modification now, its 20 bolts and ill be a happy boy...

Agreed that some new wheels will set your car off nicely Michael, its beautiful as it is but like you say it just needs that something and i think wheels are the way to go! Are you still after RS's?

I am indeed after the RSs mate and i cannot think of anything else id be happy putting on the car...

Agreed that some new wheels will set your car off nicely Michael, its beautiful as it is but like you say it just needs that something and i think wheels are the way to go! Are you still after RS's?

I am indeed after the RSs mate and i cannot think of anything else id be happy putting on the car...

Well in that case it will look stunning 8) the sooner you get them the better as cant wait to see your car rolling on some nice shiny RS's :D

James - yes mate i got the breather on saturday but your one got me up to Telford without oil vpour going all over the shop so im well grateful, ill bring the bit you lent me back up North (weekend after next) and will pop round and say hello if your free. Im bringing the Rado up as on the way back down im taking it to Elsecar. Looking forward to seeing how your has changed... :)

Glad it got sorted mate,pop up anytime mate as i will be in the garage! :lol:

I personally wouldn't change a thing on it - one of a tiny number of Corrados that looks perfect on 15" rims - the stance is perfect

I personally wouldn't change a thing on it - one of a tiny number of Corrados that looks perfect on 15" rims - the stance is perfect

I'd be very happy if my Storm looked like that. I can understand the owner's thoughts on it too though. A corrado on RS's is a stunning sight.

ive said it many of times, now lots of others are saying the same,get em bought!!!

the rs's will set it off a treat mate,

go on spoil yourself before you go away.........

301's, German Ebay is the place to get them at a decent price, go go goooo :lol:

Nice set of RC's on pistonheads to get you by meanwhile 8) cars looking mint as ever Micheal

ive said it many of times, now lots of others are saying the same,get em bought!!!

the rs's will set it off a treat mate,

go on spoil yourself before you go away.........

I know mate, gonna be strong though, ive waited a long time another couple of months wont hurt..

301's, German Ebay is the place to get them at a decent price, go go goooo :lol:

Nice set of RC's on pistonheads to get you by meanwhile 8) cars looking mint as ever Micheal

I have kep my eye on the German Ebay, i think when the time comes id rather go and see the wheels before i hand over the money but if there is a bargain to be had..

rs will look amazing on a classic green, heres one from my archives:

What widths are those on the rear, you used any spaceing?? The do look the part..

That one with the RS's is on pistonheads: 17 x 8.5 , 17 x 9 BBS RS 3 Piece split rims rapped in streched rubber 235 35 17 rear tyres. It'll look mint on BBS's mate, good luck with the hunt! :wink:

Good lord you've got this looking mighty fine these days. Keep up the good work Goldie. :)

Cheers mate, hasnt changed that much really just the little bits that have been getting the treatment..

I dont think ill go as far as a 9" on the rear (sounds a bit dodgy :) ), reckon an 8.5 on the back and a 7.5 on the front is the look im fancying, always thought id go for a set that were all built up, mint with tyres etc but am starting to think i may go for a set that are a bit rough and start again - new dishes, bolts etc etc then i can get them exactly how i want them...

I know its early days but the front brakes are going silver at the weekend in anticipation of them arriving, dont think the red would look right..

Tank straps came off yesterday and have gone to the powedercoaters for some love along with a few brackets, bits and bobs...

Heres a couple from the weekend. Managed to rack up 1000 miles in rain, snow and all weathers but it was great to drive the car to its full potential across Weardale and some spirited motorway driving..

These pics were taken at Elsecar where i got a prize which is always a nice bonus..

Brakes have gone silver and am rather keen on them, the Nakamichi head unit is in and it is awesome, silver tank straps are on...

DSCN3026.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

Heres one next to a Rice Rival, id take mine any day... :)

DSCN3031.jpg

super nice mate, such an inspiration to me, i feel like i'm following in your footsteps :lol:

sure i asked this before but who has done paint work on yours, the guy i had lined up that i was told is "excellent", has turned out to be crap.

looked at another customers panel he had painted and i would of been screaming it it was on my car :gag:

Thanks very much mate..

Tha paint work is 98% original, i have had colour coding and the leading edge of the NS wing painted and a couple of other small areas but otherwise its factory.. I would love a respray in the future but i cant grumble, there are just a few bits that i know about that bug me...

looking the dogs danglies now michael (not that it wasn't the last time i saw it), wish i had the time to put this amount of work into mine! in saying that now i've decided to keep mine forever i've got renewed enthusiasm for it!

keep up the good work & we'll have to have a catch up sometime.

Well saw it in the flesh on sunday and the first place was certainly justified mate :D enjoyed the ride back to our place too the sound of the shrick was awsome :bonk:

Hope it didn't take you and Fay too long to get back home!

See you again soon.

we'll have to have a catch up sometime.

Good to hear your soldiering on with yours, think we do need to arrange a meet so we can all have a peep at Andys new beauty..

Wasnt a bad run back down to Pompey at just over 36mpg. Got hit with a bit of snow but its all been washed including the underneath before she went back to bed...

Michael your car just gets better & better everytime i venture onto your gallery, hats off to you matey :notworthy:

That sounds like a plan when Garry gets his car sorted, kind of a mini meet again sometime.

Your brakes look fab by the way !!!

Andy