Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Well after yesterdays exciting purchase the job today was to clean her all up ready for the summer off...

DSCN0128a.jpg

DSCN0130a.jpg

And on with the cover. Really pleased with it, breathable and water proof and a doddle to put on. Have also left a small dehumdifiying unit inside to prevent and nasty growths. In a couple of weeks will do the final touches for the summer of rest...

DSCN0133a.jpg

keep going mate she's gonna be a belter, wht back brakes are you running i know you have the better set up on the front!

p.s i want a ride when the new V6 is in and purring!

you going to put the 12valve in the mk2?

Now thats a plan! I drove Garys (GVK) MK2 VR6 track car the other week :shock:

This forum is so bad for expensive ideas :(

keep going mate she's gonna be a belter, wht back brakes are you running i know you have the better set up on the front!

p.s i want a ride when the new V6 is in and purring!

Cheers Andy, no worries for a run out in it when its all sorted..Ive got Mk4 rears wheich i took off a Fabia VRs so they were green when i got them. When painting them they need primed as they are aluminium.. As for an improvement when driving im not sure because my other ones were quite new but the handbrake is great and they look prettier...

you going to put the 12valve in the mk2?

Id be lying if i said i havent thought about it but i think it may just end up being sold. Its not been ruled out though..

[quote="

Looking good goldie!

Are you doing anything to protect the brake discs from flash rust etc or just planning to replace in Oct? :salute:

Looking good goldie!

Are you doing anything to protect the brake discs from flash rust etc or just planning to replace in Oct? :salute:

Good question. Im not sure what would be the best plan, its the one bit of the car that i am worried about really as i know they will rust although i cant imagine they will be terrible...

Cheers Mike, its all going to be hapenning in October time depending on work, im going to rebuild the front suspension, rebush, powdercoat etc at the time so she should be good as new when its done and then its wheels time...

wow !!! your car just needed some 17's to be perfect but an r32 as well :luvlove: :luvlove: :salute: :salute:

Goldie did you speak to the Mad Scientists??????

I havent mate, everything is on hold until i return..

Quick note just to wish everyone a nice summer season with their cars, i go away with work tomorrow until October, upon return though its in with the R32. I had the pleasure of trying a Mk5 R32 a couple of days ago and it was great, power delivery and soundtrack are superb, car felt a bit sensible so hey ill have the best of both worlds..

All the best.....

T'is a shame you'll miss all the summer shows, and we'll miss your C!!

still think of the money you'll have to lavish on it when you get back!

Take it easy mate. Oh and just to get you jealous I'm picking up my C all 24v'd and ready to go tomorrow night! :D :D :clap:

Will seem a bit strange not seeing you at meets this year. All the best for the next few months.

Can you get on the net at all? We're all so used to being hooked up all the while, would be strange to be without for a few months?

have a safe voyage.

:salute:

Looking forward to seeing this r32.

For some reason I think Its something I may do somewhere down the line.

have a safe trip with all the seamen Michael, and see ya when you come back up for air.

have a safe trip with all the seamen

:lol:

I'd love to see his face if in 4 months he logged in to find 50 pages of sperm jokes :)

Have a good one dude, and I'm sure we'll catch up as soon as you return...

All the best Goldie :) See you in a few months dude :)

I'd love to see his face if in 4 months he logged in to find 50 pages of sperm jokes :)

go on then Tom you start then :lol: