Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Me and my old man went to an all types classic car show today in Sunderland. There were all sorts of cars there, E type Jags, a variety of old Fords, MGs, Triumphs etc. There was a very tasty 3 door cossie which i would love to have taken home..

Heres a couple of pictures of my corrado flying the flag. I was really chuffed with some of the comments that people made, people really do like our cars..

DSCN0242sun.jpg

DSCN0274sun.jpg

Looks like you had good weather for it too mate, loving the little display you have too :lol:

Hi Michael,

ya cant beat a nice clean knob mate, well thats what my missus says :lol: but seriously the little touches like those will make all the difference 8)

oh yeh, do you still want/need the airbox and the MAF that i have saved for you.

karl

owdo michael, how the devil are ya, long time no see? car's looking stunning mate, love what you've done to it.

do you still here from andy? think he sold his sherry pearl c but not sure.

anyway, keep up the good work & hopefully might catch up with you next time your up this way.

looking ace mate even after been wrapped up for the time she was! the interior bits look like they have made a hell of a difference! love your car mate :D

oh yeh, do you still want/need the airbox and the MAF that i have saved for you. karl

Karl, ill give you a ring in the next couple of days, need to see how you are getting on and have a load of questions...

i'm glad there's cars like this representing corrados today :D looks fantastic still

We all represent mate, yours is a beauty as well...

looking ace mate even after been wrapped up for the time she was! the interior bits look like they have made a hell of a difference! love your car mate :D

Thanks very much Phil, very nice of you to say so....

Slight update, new rims, possible so long as they arent gone by the time i get north again. Not RSs, just something in the mean time, think i might try a few different sets on the old girl.

And new rims, not got these on yet as have just got them back from refurb. Have had them done in an Anthracite grey which looks darker than in the picture. Really pleased with them apart from one area which looks abit oversprayed but i know im picky..

DSCN0377tt.jpg

Mmmmm not what i was expecting in the wheel department mate, yeh they are nice enough alloys BUT, they are "not you" if you know what i mean.

karl

I know what you mean Karl, but i fancy something a bit different, they dont have to be permanent and you could buy 5 sets of these for the going rate of RSs...

I thought you might say Graeme.... They are a nice dark colour in reality..

I think they are polished from the factory Shaun although ive seen sets that have had the full bling treatment..

I reckon they will be great for brake clearance..

I think they are polished from the factory Shaun although ive seen sets that have had the full bling treatment..

I reckon they will be great for brake clearance..

No these are full bling :lol:

Its brake clearance is what i've got in mind mate :)

I didnt get a chance to bring them home to fit them so no pictures, may be after christmas now..

Do you reckon R32s would go behind them?

i think you will/may struggle to get the r32 brakes behing these wheels as dont forget the r32 discs are 340mm?? in diameter, and the r32 callipers are bloody huge and i mean bloody huge :shock: and also the 3.2 TT's etc etc all had 18" alloys not 17".

and also they weigh an absolute ton, they have gotta be nearly twice the weight of a 312mm set up.

karl

Well, the R32 lump has changed hands to Mr Herisites as some of you will already know. Just didnt feel that i could justify the spend on getting it fitted a the moment.

If im being honest an ad has been drafted for the car as life situation means that it may have to be moved on. Ive no doubt that wont be the end of the Rado disease as i will end up with another at some point and can have all the fun all over again....

that will be a real shame if you do sell it mate, BUT for some reason i have had the suspicion it was on the cards :(

i/we will miss you if you go.

karl

Ill not be going anywhere mate, just kind of approaching a needs must and i want a nice slow sale as i wont be giving it away..

Im sure ill end up with another further down the line, or a MK1...