Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Car has ronal turbos on which will be going

sorry to jump in but if you are going to sell them how much would you be after. 8)

Well i bought it and travelled the 450 miles in it home tonight...

Overall, its very solid, bit tatty, scuffed wheel arch trim, NS rear quarter will need paint, dash shell is cracked, seats will be going, slam panel needs changed (as new one supplied). All easy and not too expensive to sort..The engine is the cleanest part of the car, much cleaner than my Corrado one when i bought it. The wiring is good but i do want to tidy it slighlty..

It drives and brakes so straight, and, well, fook me its quick and i mean very. It picks up so well. Ok, overall balance of a Corrado no, top end wont be the same but doesnt really matter. It accelerates hard to 100 from all speeds and im sure it would keep going for some more. The noise, ive missed it so much and due to the fact its poorly sound deadened is very present. Its "just" the 2.8, decat, induction kit. I really fancy going OBD2 and seeing what that would be like..

Plans, few hundred quids worth of paint, wheels, seats, backbox change and to enjoy...

Ok..

Its not the charged one Bill.

Mk1 is advertised on E38 Josh.

Swompy, rims arent free from scuffs, tyres are decent, ill give you a shout when they are off...

Well i bought it and travelled the 450 miles in it home tonight...

450 miles??? Where the hell did you buy it from?

Hope you enjoy this a little more than the mk1. Shame you didn't really gel with it, but I guess that's the problem with some of these cars. The idea is better than the reality.

Swompy, rims arent free from scuffs, tyres are decent, ill give you a shout when they are off...

No worrys, Im shore it can be fixed

:D

Very jealous mate, I've had a million changes of mind about turbo'ing my VR or going for a mk2 VR conversion. Hopefully you'll love it.

Will it be a road only or track machine?

On the OBD2 front, having been out in mrbeiges 2.8vr with OBD2 I'd say it is well worth it. Just the way it delivers the power so much smoother and responsive.

Can't wait to see how you get on mate.

Pics will be coming, im going to do some before and after shots....

Does anyone know if you can get the tape that VW use to insulate their wiring looms?

Ill have a tinker this week and get some up..

Oh and it will be a road only car, i wouldnt say sleeper but even with some rims and a tidy i dont think many people expect Mk2s to go like this..

Not sure whether to leave the 16v badges on it...

I had a mk2 chase me the other day when I was in the VR. I didn't get away from it at all. Quite surprised. Bet with the VR engine in it it's quite a handful. What's the handling like? What suspension do you have on it?

I had a mk2 chase me the other day when I was in the VR. I didn't get away from it at all. Quite surprised. Bet with the VR engine in it it's quite a handful. What's the handling like? What suspension do you have on it?

The guy who i got it from said it was either Koni or Gmax, id say the former because the ride is very good, not hard at all. I havent beasted it into the corners but it isnt a bad handler at all.. It is very lively mate...

It running on Ronal turbos with 205 wide tyres, anyone know how wide the ronals are?

Well no pics yet....but....ive bought another car..

Firstly, im not collecting these, Mk1 and MK2 are up for sale..

Just collected a couple of days ago a 2001 Golf 4motion in silver, Full VW history, 2 owners, wheels are a bit bubbly but otherwise shes not far from a minter.. Comes with all the mod cons, no leather which is how i wanted it, the seats are lovely. All ive done so far is bin the wood trim and fit the full R32 brushed aluminium kit. This car is a keeper, i absolutely love it, im within an inch of saying its the best car ive ever had.

Plans, big big clean when the snow goes, few more nice touches on the inside. Outside, the 16s look tiny so larger wheels are required and some height reduction..

Once its clean ill post up..

Those are a 17 i think. 18s suit them so well. A lad at work has an anniversary slammed and spaced nicely on 18" RCs and it looks tremendous....

you seen these mate viewtopic.php?f=13&t=87761 and i have a set of 17" tt alloys for sale, and there was a guy on ed38 selling some 18" RC's for about £450 i remember.

also i will call you next week about some suspension, just waiting for a set to become available.