Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

Engine Bliss

Quick pic of the engine bay - I need to spend some time cleaning it up and get rid of the plastic cover on the right, but it's getting there......

Stan - not sure if 'smooth' is the right word for it. It feels really lovely and new yes, but not really smooth. It's very throaty because of the 6 branch and miltek. Sounds great :)

I imagine the cams take away a bit of the smoothness (?) but that was never my goal to be honest dude. The new coilies have removed ANY remaining trace of civility anyway - not really a comfort biased car tbh, although I do have leather and air-con ;)

Now I just have to sit-out the running in period before I can really feel and hear the beast :)

Nice :)

I'm gonna whip the plastic cover off tomorrow and cable tie the leads out the way. Then spend a couple of hours giving it a scrub.

Charger? Skint as fek now. I just sold my eldest daughter to pay for the new coilies mate! :)

Nice :)

I'm gonna whip the plastic cover off tomorrow and cable tie the leads out the way. Then spend a couple of hours giving it a scrub.

Charger? Skint as fek now. I just sold my eldest daughter to pay for the new coilies mate! :)

I like it better with out the covers, me skint too. Just sold my Gran, got a tank of petrol for her :lol:

Quality :) The old bird got a fair trade-in value then! V-Power I hope?

Mate you obviously clean your bay - once I've covered any important electrics, can I just spray the cleaner stuff all over? Manifold, pipework, etc?

i was waiting for the call to take you up fella !! i`m glad it`s all sweet for you will :thumbleft:

I went up in the van with my mate Garry. And the van broke down just as we got to stealth! So now I have my car back at last, but the van is at stealth.

And to make matters worse, there now appears to be nothing wrong with it!!!! :mad:

Fek knows mate. He lives in oxford so it would have been a bit of a pain in the aerosol.

I need to get it by tomorrow as the dude thats bought the Azevs wanted them today, and they're in the van (well i hope they're STILL in the van anyway) ;)

I may go up this evening and stay in oxford, then go and get it first thing.

Looks good mate ;)

Cheers Stanners. Just need to finish cleaning up the bay.

Nearly half way through running in already! :shock:

Good work doubles, nice to see a brand new engine. Looks very shiney wetween those inlets!!

Looks like Vince did a cracking job. Have to say his map for mine has been bang on, not missed a beat!

Be nice to meet up with you and Gaz soon if poss and see the beast first hand!

Good work doubles, nice to see a brand new engine. Looks very shiney wetween those inlets!!

Looks like Vince did a cracking job. Have to say his map for mine has been bang on, not missed a beat!

Be nice to meet up with you and Gaz soon if poss and see the beast first hand!

Yeah it would be good to meet up and compare beasts mate.

Bring a gum-guard though - fek me its a wee bit hard suspension wise now! :)