Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Goodridge Braided Brake Lines

Car failed MOT last night on 2 rear brake flexi hoses.

Where's the best (cheapest) place to buy the braided goodridge hoses?

Tried Eurocarparts, they only do the standard ones. :cry:

Mike,

I have two hoses spare and you welcome to them FOC, PM me if you are interested. Please let me know if it is the rears as fitted to the callipers or those fitted adjacent to the tosion beam mounts.

I hate goodridge. :mad:

I got the g60 kit - wrong ends for seating in caliper. Goodrich admit they use the wrong seat for the caliper, but say it "should" give a good seal. :shock: :shock:

I put this kit back, and got a new set made up through a performance garage - they supplied 2 out of 6 hoses correctly. :x

:bad-words:

I will speak to my garage tomorrow - he says he has had probs with them before. :cry:

sorry - I had to get that off my chest!

Andrew, I posted about the 'wrong end' problem a while ago on my VR6 - not many people came back on it. Goodridge did replace very quickly with the right set when asked tho'

Goodrige refused to deal with me direct, would not swap the wrong hoses - only offered a refund.

I thought this was very poor cutomer serice. Obviously you spoke to the right person!!

We have had some G60 braided hose kits made up, they are better quality than barry goodridge and have 'whip guards' which prevent stresses being built up on the union/hose fittings which causes failure. Not sure on the price, but I do know they are a dam sight cheaper than goodridge.