Sign in to follow this  
dan

Dissapointed with my new InPro Headlights

Just got the new lights Today! Opened the box & first impressions were good. Offered them up to the car & things start to go downhill from here.

I knew they wouldn't be flush fitting, as my cat is the later facelift model. I could live with that although would like to hear some ideas on how to bring them forward. The big problem is with the adjusters... In the new lamps there is just a spring sitting where the adjusters should be, I've read in another post that you have to swap over the adjusters from the old lamps. However when I tried to remove my old adjusters the plastic just disintegrated. To top it off, the adjuster doesn't look like it's going to work with the InPro lights anyway.

My car is up for the MOT Tomorow so I need some help asap

Thanks guys

That's bad luck mate I was thinking about getting some too. Are they a really bad fit?

I'd say the actual fitment could be sorted by making some 10mm spacers to push them out fairly flush although, they will never come out perfectly as the lamp surround (being the older mould) will prevent this. I'd say the best you could expect would be about 3mm shy off the grill.

Again I could live with this, it's just the damn adjuster problem... anyone got any ideas?

These lights come in a fancy box, they leave things like lamp adjusters off & theres NO INSTRUCTIONS. (Hate that) :mad:

My adjusters disintigrated also, so had to get some new ones from the Stealers.

The new adjusters work OK, but I've had difficulty in setting the lights, I set the dips correctly at my friendly local MOT centre, but the mains are all wrong at the moment, pointing down instead of straight.....I think I may have cocked up the left dip/ right dip setting somehow.

The car failed its MOT btw for defective headlights. The MOT guy said that it was a great car apart from the lights.

I've since got the adjuster problem sorted (I made one), took the car to ny local MOT garage to set the lights & he told me the lights were set to left hand drive. :p

He also mentioned that on some Vectra's (oh I swore), there is a switch between left & right hand drive & was there any instructions came with the lights. Had to take the car home again, phoned Venom & the guy there told me that if I dissambled the lights that there was a phillips screw to loosen & then set the lights to either L or R hand drive, simple.

So, today I had to take out the lights again, disassemble & look for the Phillips screw to change them from LHD to RHD. The thing is when I opened the back of the lights I could see 5 or 6 Phillips screws. Eventually spotted the right one, loosened it & switched the lights to RHD.

Took the car back to my local MOT garage & managed to set the lights :) . Anyway, the car passed its MOT this evening :D :D :D . MOT disk for another year :D , now all I have to do is get it Taxed!

ah well, time to move onto the next project... the feckin headlight switch (all the recent switching has finaly made the switch give up the ghost.)

I have heard that you need to change something within the lights to change them from left to right hand drive. there are a few people on here who have done this so hopefully someone will help!

i have full instructions for the inpro's but haven't actually done it so can't vouch for the info - anyone who tries the instructions below, let me know how it goes.

(PART 1 - REMOVING HEIGHT ADJUSTER'S FROM OLD LAMP'S)

Their are two type's of adjuster's for setting the beam height electric or manual these angel eyes will take both, When we first fitted them to a corrado we was expecting them to just go on straight out of the box, but that's not the case apparently you have to take your main adjuster's (height). The big white knob on the back of your original light's and fit them to the angel eyes. We have never done the electric one's only the manual one's but we have been told that the electric one's are a piece of cake to do. We will assume your's are manual - look at your original light's when you have them out and you will see there is two strip's that go around the glass carefully press them out to reveal the eightish clip's that joins the glass to the body pop the clip's off from the body side not the glass side or you could chip the glass with a flat bladed chisel when they are all off remove the glass, now turn the white knob from the outside at the base of it and pull and it will pop out but it won't come out at this stage this is where you need a torch and being careful look behind the reflector and you will see the white adjuster goes on to the back of the reflector and is snapped into place with a plastic peg carefully put a screwdriver under the peg lever it until it's clear of the stop and pull the white knob out from the back, If you've done this then it should just come out at the back once you have the headlight adjuster's out put your original lamp's back together the clips just pull on joining the glass and body back together put the clips on the glass first and pull them over the plastic not the other way around or you could splinter the glass put the plastic strip's back on carefully so you don't break the tabs and put them away for a rainy day ( lol )

P.S - Can't remember now without seeing them but it may be possible to remove the adjuster through the bulb cover but if i was you i'd strip them

(PART 2 - FITTING ADJUSTER'S TO ANGEL EYES)

Now then you will see some white sticking paper round the hole where the adjuster fits remove it there should be a little spring attached to the reflector and clipped onto the body take this off and throw it it's for transporting the light's when they are new, (when we first put these lights on a corrado we striped them down took off that white piece you can see through the hole and put the adjuster straight onto the back of the reflector it looked the part but there was very little movement up and down so it was impossible to set the height of the beams we then put that piece back in and there was loads of height adjustment so don't remove that white thing you can see down the hole it maybe possible if you look at it and way it up to just clip the adjuster on to that without striping the lights down it pushes on and clicks similar to removal if you do it this way then grab the base of the adjuster and push onto the body and twist to lock it into place)

Some pics from my phone... what H8RRA said will do the job however I just removed the back round cover to access the Phillips screw that allows the switching the lights from LHD to RHD. (with a little bit of difficulty)

Thanks Phil. Just a little experimenting. Was trying to imagine the Corrado with the ‘new look’ VAG front. It actually looks better in real life. Will take it out somewhere nice & take a few proper photos soon.

Heres a couple of pics with the lights on

Hello ive just joined this site, ive had my corrado since 1993, just bought some INPRO lights from GWENT VW, i have no adjusters and the old ones from the old lamps broke. I cant adjust my headlights. Can anyone tell me where i can get some adjusters from.

Hello ive just joined this site, ive had my corrado since 1993, just bought some INPRO lights from GWENT VW, i have no adjusters and the old ones from the old lamps broke. I cant adjust my headlights. Can anyone tell me where i can get some adjusters from.

Welcome to the forum.

Best place to get some adjusters I'd have thought would be the dealers although I just looked at ETKA and can't seem to be able to find a part number for them, I have the instructions that came with mine and there's a part number listed there, I can check tomorrow when I get home if you still need it. Hope you have a bit more success than me with them though, I had to make some extension pieces for the adjusting screws as I couldn't get the beam anywhere near low enough to start with. They're OK now but did have to extended by over 10mm so I wasn't just lighting trees.

Thanks that would be a great help. Im running the car at the moment without any adjusters, but it makes for wobbly lights. Had to remove as ligting trees otherwise. I have an audi A2 which i use as my runaround, but want o get out in the corrado again. GWENT VW have been hopless i would not rcomend buying anything from them>They take you money but dont want to know if you have a problem!

you buy them from the dealer, costs 20 quid (ish), that's for both sides.

they'll know what you are after if you ask, I can't remember the part number though. Just give them a ring, thats all I did. I was told (on here) that i'd need an additional set of O-rings, but I didn't use them, just order the adjusters.

and rofl at the spring in the adjuster (from the first post), it's just for transit, to stop the lense moving about. Just remove it and stick the height adjuster in the hole.

the LHD/RHD problem is pretty easy to fix (use search), takes 30 mins for both sides, as said, it's just a philips screw inside the unit, hardest thing is removing the clips.

Mine sat flush btw, without spacers, but then mine didn't have the springs attached :lol: ;)

ps, there's a guy on here who works for Gwent VW, can't remember his name though :oops: