Sign in to follow this  
antera309

VF-Eng Stage 2 Supercharger, ECU won't remap.

H8RRAAre you getting a full spray? Good luck with that, hope it turns out OK. Do you prefer the black car then as the blue car looks mint? Swap the mechanicals over and sell the black one?

i do like the blue ones - i've had 3 and sold the best one with immaculate grey heated leather - i offered it to the wife but she wouldn't have it and i do regret that. i just think the black one has more presence/aggresive stance, call it what you will - but possibly not as pretty

gym104.jpg

[align=center] :? WHY DID I STRIP IT TO PAINT!!!!!!!!!! :? [/align]

P9110009.jpg

as far as the respray goes, it best be a full one cos this is what it looks like at the mo.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

P6260035.jpgP6170030.jpg

P6160026.jpg

cfcard020.jpgcfcard019.jpg

cfcard018.jpgcfcard017.jpg

cfcard010.jpg

cfcard015.jpg

7031e97d.jpg

Coming along nicely!!! That is one nifty look sander you've got there! Mine will need the same treatment soon but soon you'll have the show AND the Go ;-)

You're right, black does look better!

Coming along nicely!!! That is one nifty look sander you've got there! Mine will need the same treatment soon but soon you'll have the show AND the Go ;-)

You're right, black does look better!

that sanders a body file and its a right rough bastard - as in the grade of file - aggressive as fcuk - and did you see that tabloid report about fcuk having falling sales this year that they blame on an ad containing some hunnies wrestling and then kissing each other pasionately at the end??!! doesn't make sense to me like???

LOL!

Yours is going to be another good un James. Looking forward to your "feck me it's fast!!" thread 8)

Lol..my mates VR Mk2 fells as fast as feck due to my daily driver being a Saxo 1.1 :lol:

Since ive bought the charger and have had it fitted ive never had more than half throttle to play with and im using stock MAP and injectors !

So yes the Fast as feck thread will be along to,and after that important MAP on October the 9th i will be up for that group thrash.. :lol:

It made 267BHP on the rollers after mapping with the MAF connected. Still 13BHP down on the expected 280, and I'm not sure why. Vince's recommendation was to check that the valve timing is 100% so the gearbox is gonna have to come off at some point. Anyone got a Quaife LSD they don't want? ;)

Car is running pretty smoothly. No detonation as long as I use 97RON fuel or better. Pulls hard above 4000RPM and above 5000RPM it's just insane!!

I still get the occasional stall when coming to a stop - I'm going to try a new ISV to see if that helps.

Fuel consumption is pretty scary - less than 250 miles to a tank! and that's not even booting it all the time.

Fuel consumption is pretty scary - less than 250 miles to a tank! and that's not even booting it all the time.

Oh great :roll: cant wait now for my remap... :lol:

At least your getting there now,no need to drop of box and covers to check chain timing,put no one to TDC and then check the slots in the cams.

Yeah the cams will be the ones to check, the lower chain will be lined up fine.

On the MPG note, H8RRA reports very low MPG of 250miles or lower to the tank, i get 100miles more than that, that's one of the reasons that i've left it in stage1 guise for so long.

Chris

Yeah my 12 psi economy was shocking..... it was clearly just pouring fuel into the cylinders by the bucket load when cold - judging by the black smoke and stench!

This is what happens when you ditch the MAF I'm afraid.....

Stage 2 is fine, you can get most cars to run OK on it. When you go further, it gets messy fuelling wise.