Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

CF Measuring Project / What Does Fit?

After spending most of yesterday drooling over Wilwood calipers, rotors and hubs (mmmnn superlightness) and getting frustrated by a lack of information on existing parts I had an idea.

As the C is really getting old now a lot of aftermarker manufacturers don't list spares for it or list incorrect ones. As a forum most of us have bits on/off the car and cars in various states of repair that would make it easy to measure components off the car.

So what I am proposing is that we have a definitive list of aftermarket bits that do fit and a few measurements of components so we know how big stuff is.

For instance who knows how big the diameter of the hub and the diameter of the flange on the inside of the brake disc?

Once we have a decent amount of information in here and it will have to be car specific (e.g. 16v etc) then I can transfer it to the wiki so we all have access to a useful resource.

As a starter for ten I discovered that whilst Pioneer have a tool that list which of their speakers you can fit to a C that the TS-H467s will fit in the rear parcel shelf supports as a direct replacement for the OE ones.

Also in answer to the universal question of 'I have fitted lowering springs how much do I cut off my bumpstops?' If you have fitted H&R springs then you need to do the following:

For a 16v/G60 spring kit

Front = Nothing

Rear = 1.25"/ 32mm

For a VR6 spring kit

Front = 1.00" / 25mm

Rear = Nothing

Also on the H&R side it is recommended that you fit sports dampers when using the VR6 spring kit only (This will explain why Koni TA's and 16v/G60 H&R spring kits are not so good - the spring rebound rate is mismatched) and also for the VR6 provides the following gem of information that would have saved a lot of us some major headaches:

Golf III FA-spring cups to be exchanged. Please use OE VW-parts.

Basis Suspension 80 mm - original VW part no. 191.412.341

Plus Suspension 80 mm - original VW part no. 1H0.412.341

Plus Suspension 60 mm - original VW part no. 357.412.341 A

They are saying that you need to use the spring cups from a Golf III - these are the middle part number in that list.

This is a genius idea - why hasnt it been thought of before??? Got my vote.

Would also stop alot of repeated questions, repeated questions on the forum.

Possible STIIICKY! then?

Like i know that

WEITEC 40mm drop suspension wont fit the late 1994 > VR6 topmounts, so you have to buy the early style front topmounts in addition to the kit.

Could we also work in a list of Part numbers? Im sure it would help people, it would really help me if i had some kind of ref to come to for parts so i dont have to post on the forum asking all the time. i really dont trust VW when i ring them for a part, most of them dont know what the corrado is!

What do you think members&mods?

Also be good if we could have lists of Non VW parts for the corrado, and maybe rate them, i would take the time out to maybe make up a web page for te lists.

STICKTASTIC!

Maybe have sub categories e.g brakes, steering wheels, trim, seats of all the various mods parts that people have managed to fit etc?

I know im trying to find the alpha romeo stud pattern at the moment to see if i can fit them to my VR.

I can do brakes, LOL!

AP Racing CP5200-1009/1012 (330mm and 304mm respectively) fit fine on the VR6. 15mm standard bell thickness, meaning an ET35 turns to ET27, so poke past arch tastic. Compomotive MO - 16", ET48, 8Kg - perfect rim for clearance.

Oettinger RE 8x17 also fits with 8mm shaved off the bells, so a true ET35.

Speedline Turini, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1, Dare rg2 etc all fit standard bells.

AP are the bollocks I might add ;-)

Alfa wheels are:- 4 x 98 (145/146/155), 5 x 98 (147/156), 5 x 108 (166/GT/GTV Spider) and 5 x 110 (159)

Well after thinking a bit more I believe it would be best if we just dump all the info in this thread and then I can organise it on the wiki by car and then break it down into suspension, brakes, engine etc.

Even stuff like dimensions of valves for the various engine types is info we don't have to hand and would make it a lot easier to go shopping around for alternatives.

well hope this helps someone. first pic is a vr6 using leon 323mm discs and leon backets but ibitza calipers

second pic is g60 using the ibizta set up 305mm and matching brakets.

Well for what its worth, Heres what I have learned so far.

JBL GTO 6426e 6x4's are not a direct fit into the rear shelf supports despite being advertised as such. They have a spacer ring on them which causes them to foul on the speaker magnet. Now supposedly you can remove these rings but on doing so the glue holding the cone to the casing came away as well!! :shock: So I left well alone!

Oh, and if your stuck, a mk2 8v gti rad will fit into the C as will most from the mk1 and mk2 golfs but you do need to be inventive!! Well it got me home anyhow! :lol:

Also, a standard size ice cream tub will fit snug over the air intake for the blower motor as a way of preventing water entering the car that way. Just so long as you make two small slits up one side to make a flap and make some breathing holes around the bottom. with all the water kicking about just now its sure as hell beats the useless scuttle cover!! Bodge-tastic!! 8)