Sign in to follow this  
shambow

g60 mods please help??

Hi all my g60 is booked in to get the head gasket done at the start of the month,So was chatting to darren the other day an have decided to go for the (CNC STD HEAD +CAM AN HEAD GASKET KIT) an maybe a FMIC aswell.With the mods i have at the mo are as fallow (STAGE 4 SUPERCHARGER 68MM PULLEY,CAP&CHIP, RSR OUTLET KIT,FILTER, FULL SS EXHAUST AN A CAT BYPASS PIPE) Could anyone tell me wot bhp an torque figures i should roughly be seeing :?: cheers simon...... :)

220?

You could be right, how much does a FMIC affect the power output do you think?

Good question,possibly my next move 8)

Neil.

I think you will be seeing slightly more than 220 with a gwerks CNC head, as long as you get it maped proper after. Don't think people realise just how well they flow, not just talking a port and polish here.

On the subject of intercoolers, we all know how crap the Corrado G60 intercooler is, but why is the same BHP figure quoted for the Golf & Corrado G60 bearing mind how good the Golf intercooler is?

Sorry for the hijack

I think you will be seeing slightly more than 220 with a gwerks CNC head, as long as you get it maped proper after. Don't think people realise just how well they flow, not just talking a port and polish here.

Depends on which spec one you buy though! Only the full monty, big valve, tape polished one outflows a 16V head by a significant way... the standard valve sized ones flow VERY well, but not quite as well as a valver head...

With that spec, I'd guesstimate somewhere between 200 and 210 GENUINE BHP with a nice big fat lump of torque all the way through the rev range that will make the car be a damned sight faster than a lot of cars with more BHP, but less torque... ;) 8)

On the subject of intercoolers, we all know how crap the Corrado G60 intercooler is, but why is the same BHP figure quoted for the Golf & Corrado G60 bearing mind how good the Golf intercooler is?

Sorry for the hijack

Good point :roll: the rallye also has the better outlet for the charger and supposed to have a higher map sensor?

Thanks very much lads now you have me champing at the bit to get my car back on the road rollon 2weeks or so!! QUESTION for everyone as im keeping the rest of the engine internals STD apart from the head an cam would i be wise ditching the cnc std head+cam an intercooler an just go for the big valved one instead an nothing else wot do you all think :?:

Lets not forget stopping guys, With that kind of output figures some brake upgrades should be going on at the same time m8

you'll need a custom map so as long as you have enough money for that. remember the farther you go, you quite often have to add other things to match. all the costs quickly add up.

Sorry for the hijack

Good point :roll: the rallye also has the better outlet for the charger and supposed to have a higher map sensor?

This is a very good question...

I have never realised this...

But i´ve done the IC conversion!

It´s a huge difference, i can tell it!

Lads my heads in a spin now so do you think i should just stick to the cnc std head+cam an fmic kit an not bother going for the big valved head instead :?:

Id buy the best head you can,then buy the ic at later date, no point buying a head thats slightly tuned when you might want to upgrade to a better head later on

Can a 1.8l G60 with ported charger,68mm pulley, chip,fpr, custom 60mm exhaust , beat a stock 2.9l VR6 on a 1/4 mile drag race?

Well lads think its going to have to be the BIG VALVED HEAD cos i know later down the line ill be looking more power :) Does the head come with a cam or do i have too use my old one :?: An would i have to get different injectors or anything else for fueling for the head :?:

Didn't the golf g60 have a corrado-style side mounted intercooler?

I thought only the rallye had the fmic...

If that's right, that would explain the golf g60 having similar figures to a corrado g60.

Chris.

you wont be able to use a standard cam with a big valve head. you wouldnt want to anyway as you wont gain nearly as much power as a longer duration cam