Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

recomendations on a 4channel Amp

Im in the process of fitting a simple system into my Golf and im looking for some recomendations on a suitable 4channel amp..

THe system comprises of the following at the moment -

Headunit - alpine 9857

Front Speakers - Kef Uni Q's in audio scape Door builds

Rear - Looking at the jl 8W7 in a small ish ported enclosure..

so im looking for a amp. to run the fronts and bridge the rears to run the sub..

What do you recomend ?

if your headunit is the same as mine mate and 4x45w with 4v pre out. there is no need to amp the fronts and just bridge the amp to run two of the subs...

Your really need to check the speakers with the head unit directly, you maybe surprised to hear the result. unless you want banging vol which i doubt.

I use a Genesis Profile 4 Ultra.

They arent cheap but are fantastic. I use it to run my Focal components in the front of mine and an Infinity Perfect 12 in the back bridged on the amp.

It's also a nice compact'ish and stylish looking amp.

Im using a Magnat Bullpower 4600.

It used to run 2 6x9s and a sub in my mk2, and now just runs a pair of 6x9s in my C (soon to be more!!) sound is very good, and best bit is i paid £25 for it on ebay!

I use a Genesis Profile 4 Ultra.

They arent cheap but are fantastic. I use it to run my Focal components in the front of mine and an Infinity Perfect 12 in the back bridged on the amp.

It's also a nice compact'ish and stylish looking amp.

I've also got one of them running my 6.5" Rainbow components up front and 2 bridged outputs to run the 10" Rainbow sub.

Genesis Series III 4 channel is the best I've heard in the £600 price bracket.

Can pick up good used ones up for a lot less than that on talkaudio.co.uk though.

If you're going for SQ and grunt, that's what I'd get. You've got some good speakers there, partner them with the best :wink:

Thanks kev - you have confirmed what i was told buy my hi-fi friend but you have to check.. :lol:

My kef uni Q's are coming up to 10 yrs old now and i have still not found anything close to them without spending mega £££'s

Shame KEF pulled out of the car audio market.... they had some excellent kit!

JL sub's a good un, as is the head unit.... has to be the S3 4 channel really....2 x 100W and 1 x 290W of pure clarity....do it :-)

There are still some Mission amps kicking around at large discounts.

Very unique sound for car hi-fi, but gorgeous all the same. Bout time I got an amp really.

I never even realised that they were in the Car Audio market.

I have Kef Speakers in my home setup using a combination of Q7's at the Front, Q5 i think in the centre and Kef Eggs on the rear. Absolutely AWESOME speakers. If thats anything to measure the car speakers by I'd love to hear them!