Sign in to follow this  
wafers

john munyard

Hey,

I had a couple of rados, one in 2000, and another in 02. Since had Golf VR6 too. Reckon I now fancy a Corrado VR6 - do any of you know how much work is likely to be needed on Greeny's VR6 for sale on the forum?

ALso, when I lived in Dorset for a few years (until I came back to Cornwall last summer) I remember John Munyard organised Dorset meetings - has he still got his VR?!

Cheers,

Nick

i can remember john saying at ed38 his rado was a rather rare one, there was a few "race" prepped vr's with uprated cams etc, and only one was sold, and his one was one of them

if i remember right that is

edit: i am piassed and i just noticed tat statement has no relevance to the subject of the thread atall. but ill leave it because i sound clever and listening to bananarama

i can remember john saying at ed38 his rado was a rather rare one, there was a few "race" prepped vr's with uprated cams etc, and only one was sold, and his one was one of them

if i remember right that is

edit: i am piassed and i just noticed tat statement has no relevance to the subject of the thread atall. but ill leave it because i sound clever and listening to bananarama

I think its a Nothelle converted one he has :wink:

Hello...? Someone shout my name...?

You still down there in Dorchester Nick?

John (custodian of the Nothelle Corrado)

Those Zender wheels were very "1980s". I know I am not the only owner to try and obtain them (in the spirit of originality).

No matter... they wouldn't fit over the current brakes anyway as they are only 16's. Magnesium racing wheels are soooo much more my style anyway, lol

Oh yes. This car was in fact Nothelle's own UK press car, and featured in a few magazines back in 1994. It's pretty rare, and indeed there is good reason to suspect that it may even be the only Nothelle spec'd VR6 in the UK.

I have some scans which I'll post up at some point in a seperate thread for info, as although quite a few of the old-timers know the history of this car, I suspect there are some newer owners who know little about these cars.

There are a lot of jobs that need doing to it, and I'm most of the way buying in all the parts I require to replenish/upgrade the entire suspension to semi race spec so I can get the thing really running at track days. I also have a bunch of bodywork bits to do (yes - the "Guy's arse" door will be going) before I emerge next year for the track day season.

Northelle also did a 190bhp G60 conversion...

The wheels ming but do you have the 4 headlight grill as well John??

Me and Jim saw some of the Northelle sword badges over in germany for sale - wish I'd got one now...

Funnily enough, I have an issue of Volkswagen Audi Car sitting here with a certain black C, reg K 25 EUC on the cover (with some gorgeous Nothelle Classics on ;) ) shouting... "Fastest ever! 215bhp Nothelle Corrado VR6" I didn't realise it was an auto though...

But er.. the Corrado that John has is blue! Well, unless my mind is playing tricks on me, i'm very sure it was blue.

And yeah - I think picking up one of those Nothelle badges wouldn't have been a bad idea Steve! :(

And yeah - I think picking up one of those Nothelle badges wouldn't have been a bad idea Steve!

Yeah = tbh I didn't like them really but i'm sitting here looking at the front of a Northelle and the badge just looks awesome...

I know what you mean about the Corrado with the quad-round lights and nothelle badge on the left of the grille - that looked VERY moody :)

I believe THIS is what you're looking for Jim....

NothelleC.jpg

Interesting.. early bonnet even though its a VR.. thought there were clearance issues hence the 'raised' bonnet?

That Nothelle sword does look rather cool I have to say!

Ooh - higher res one attached!

Yeah - there's something about it!

Jim, it's on the Power and Style book and i also have a few mag articals I think too but not on the PC...

Did a quick search tho and found a good new avatar for John...

That'll be why its got an early bonnet!

TBH thats the only Nothelle Corrado i'd ever seen. I didn't realise Johns was one or that they even did their own VR6 until about 20 minutes ago! :D

there was the auto one here for sale a couple of times..........remember the guy selling it getting a heap of laughs cos he thought his new RST S2 was a better car