Sign in to follow this  
wafers

john munyard

Here's a copy of the VW Audi Car review from November 1993. The car in the feature is the very car I own now (although the numberplate has changed the original registration is in the paperwork)

As you can see, it is aqua blue, and didn't have the optional "quad" headlights fitted. I've tried to contact Nothelle regarding obtaining badges & info but they didn't reply (despite writing to them in German!)

Enjoy the read.

Jeremy - do you have a scan of the article you have?

Also found this photo of the car doing promotional work on the VW Audi Driver stand the following year:

The review I have is of a different car, which was supplied by Scotts, and (as I said) is an automatic. Am I right in thinking the one you have is the one Guy bought?

I'll see if I can get a scan of the review which is from Jan 93.

Yeah, this one (which is a manual) was bought by Guy, who sold it to Glenn in 2004, and I bought it off Glenn in February.

Not only is it a rare car, it's had three "celebrity" owners as well, LOL

Hey John,

Looks like I have started something in this thread then! What happened to your other VR? I moved to the homeland of COrnwall last summer with the missus. I have now owned 2 16valvers, and am toying with idea of VR.... now they are loads more affordable! Owned a GOlf VR6 briefly 2 years back but it was a bag.

Are there many C 'groupies' around here then?

Nick

You must be psychic...

Nick... there's a PM going to your mailbox.

Wendy... bog off ! :p

The death of M100 VRG was well documented (with photos I recall) on these pages. An unfortunate accident.

The second Corrado died in an accident which wasn't my fault, scared the cr*p out of me (I was hit by an oncoming truck which crossed over the centreline), and I was very lucky indeed not to have been killed.

So, 50% embarassed, 50% fortunate. I still have 5 of my original 9 nine lives left...