Sign in to follow this  
spuduk_99

which corrado do i go for?

my insurers charge more for the 1.8 than the 2.0, aint shure why, i was gona get a mk2 gti 16v (before i got the c) and it worked out more expensive to insure than a mk3 16v!!!!

1.8 16V is group 15

2.0 16V is group 17 as is the G60

VR6 is group 18

VR6 Storm is group 19.

These come from a very trustworthy source so no arguements :twisted:

1.8 16V is group 15

2.0 16V is group 17 as is the G60

VR6 is group 18

VR6 Storm is group 19.

These come from a very trustworthy source so no arguements :twisted:

at last someone with the proper facts

if you on a budget i would deft go for a clean 1.8 16v as they share the majority of engine parts with the mk2 golf the are cheap to maintaine enginewise anyway i would deftinatly look for a car with mint bodywork as this is the expensive partabout owning a corrado "unles you own a vr " :lol: :lol:

Whats expensive about owning a VR exactly? - Mines cost me buttons compared to my old 16V.....

But agree with your points about the 1.8 16V - is a cracker engine and cheap to maintain - good on fuel (40mpg + poss - I had 43mpg from mine once or twice)... but finding a good one will be hard as they are now bargain basement cars therefore the 'boy racer' brigade have got hold of most of them....

Scott

My 1.8 16 valve is group 16 according to direct line.

I think we heard you the first time mate :p:p:p

My 1.8 16 valve is group 16 according to direct line.

I think we heard you the first time mate :p:p:p

Deleted the other 2 duplicates.

One advantage of working for an insurance company is I can visit the insurance advisors personally and 'chat' to them about insuring the car :lol:

The problem is, cars like the VR6 are often referred to as 'termed cars' in the insurance industry. Terms usually mean bigger excesses, restricted mileage, garaging essential etc. Also, my VR6 came up as 'Refer to supervisor' on the screen meaning the team leader had to do a manual assessment of my car and driving credentials. An offer of a drink after work usually oils the decision making wheels :lol:

Kev

...An offer of a drink after work usually oils the decision making wheels :lol:

Kev

wheres his local then?

I could do with some savings.

btw, have to renew my insurance today (all the bills come at once, MOT, Tax, Insurance :x ), I go with elephant, but on their form they've sent me, it asks all the questions again, age, address, years with licence, but doen't ask if I've picked up any points, which I have :oops: , my old man says keep quiet, but they'll f*** me if I crash and they find out, won't they???

Thera

btw, my current quote through elephant is £860 full comp, with one years no claims, and i'm 26, anyone suggest a cheaper company?

Cheers,

Thera

['H3R4POR]

btw, have to renew my insurance today (all the bills come at once, MOT, Tax, Insurance :x ), I go with elephant, but on their form they've sent me, it asks all the questions again, age, address, years with licence, but doen't ask if I've picked up any points, which I have :oops: , my old man says keep quiet, but they'll f*** me if I crash and they find out, won't they???

Thera

most insurance companies are not too concernered over 3 points(some even tolerate 6 points)and are unlikely to hammer you because of them.....unless its an insurance offence or theft offence

so really honesty is the best policy(pardon the pun).......cos if you don't declare them and u have an accident they can and will void your policy if they find out about them

Thera,

Have you tried Adrian Flux? I was with Elephant, but they wanted £700 for 10 month bonus accelerator without any claims protection :?

After loads of phoning around, Flux offered me £570 for 12 months with full no claims protection! :D Apparently they class the VR as group 16!

I've got 3 points, 4 yrs NCB, car is CAT1 and garaged.

HTH

Would help more if u guys put your age in as well, im 20yr old and with 2 yrs no claims discount i dont think id get VR insurance that cheap, all i get is the phone put down on me when i tryed. :lol: