Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Roughly how many miles should i get to half a tank in my VR?

8 Gallons should get you somewhere around 200 miles (@ 25mpg), but that's from 1/2 full to completely empty.

In real world terms you probably wouldn't do more than 150 in fear of running out of fuel!

i can get about 500 from a full tank averaging 33.2 MPG

Your driving will affect the 'miles from a tank' figure, lowest i had mine was 230 from 15 gallons.

yeah i know about if u drive it hard it'll be less obviously. just neede da rough figure. hopefully ill get about 150-200.

andy there's no way you can get 500! my average m.p.g is like 22.8 and for me to 500 miles i'd have to fill my tank up at least twice and i dont even really cain it at all just short trips! so the mpg never gets up to a good reading!

Dub_nut_g60, is that actually a real world figure or are you working it out from your displayed MPG? I've done tests and by my estimates (on a VR anyway) the you need to deduct about 11% so 33.3MPG is infact about 30MPG. Other folks results have comfirmed this...

Since getting the OBD2 my average MPG is 35.5 (yep on a VR :) ) It actually works out to be about 32MPG though.

i have managed 500 miles from a tank honest! it was a case of doin 60mph on the motorway for several hours.

a £60 fill will just about do a weeks commuting (43 miles each way) my tank is 15 gallons btw.

Trig - didnt realise the MFA was so innaccurate, havent really bothered to work out the figures myself, will have to check! but think its about right

Andy - 22.8 average mpg, blimey!! is that just due to your setup, or is it because you arent able to drive at 'economical' speeds on the island?

I've done tests and by my estimates (on a VR anyway) the you need to deduct about 11% so 33.3MPG is infact about 30MPG. Other folks results have comfirmed this...

Well.. on my VR the MFA is within 1% of the real figure, as tested by me, with a calculator. ;)

And according to that same calculator, a good 30mpg should result in ~470 miles range on the VR's 70 litre tank ..

andy there's no way you can get 500! my average m.p.g is like 22.8 and for me to 500 miles i'd have to fill my tank up at least twice and i dont even really cain it at all just short trips! so the mpg never gets up to a good reading!

:lol: is that down to running out of road before your spoiler even pops up though???

you believe how much tarmac there is when you get over here at the weekend :-P

a>)1.jpg

Funny that this should come up today, as I have just made some calculations to judge the accuracy of the MFA on my VR. I filled up this morning with 62 litres (13.6 UK gallons) of Shell's finest, having travelled 430 miles since the last fill. The trip was displaying 31.8 MPG when I filled, and my calculations make it 31.6, so actually my computer seems to be surprisingly accurate.

The most I have ever had from a tank was 510 miles, which was keeping a steady 70-80 on the motorway most of the time. I think the VR can be surprisingly frugal if you're not murdering it all the time.

This is quite helpful actually because my fuel level sender is on the blink and i dont know how much fuel i have :lol: I filled it up with Shell V-Power last week and since have done 320 miles averaging 30 mpg (on the MFA) driving carefully with the odd blast here and there doing mainly short trips.

How many more miles do you think i have got left?

Rob.

You should be good for at least 400 miles, based on the fact I filled up with 13.6 gallons whilst the needle was showing completely empty. Obviously a fair bit in reserve.

can get spoiler to pop up thankyou! and quite rapidly too! its just im talking most journeys under 15 miles at like 30mph or so and its constant changing so never get a high mpg reading but never the less i dont think id get 350 miles to a tank let alone 500

this is intriguing me now any other g60 owners want ot share there results?

Andy

You should be good for at least 400 miles, based on the fact I filled up with 13.6 gallons whilst the needle was showing completely empty. Obviously a fair bit in reserve.

Thats ok then, i was scared i might run out soon :lol: atleast i know i can get to a petrol station ... or the one after ... or even the one after that!

Rob.

Sounds like the VR boys can hit mid 30's MPG doing 70-80! i can only dream of that at those speeds!! i have to sit at 60 to hit 35!!

Think i might sell up for a VR!

Sounds like the VR boys can hit mid 30's MPG doing 70-80! i can only dream of that at those speeds!! i have to sit at 60 to hit 35!!

Think i might sell up for a VR!

Not me mate!

If I drive like a complete girl I'll get 320 or so from a full tank. I can't imagine how these folk are getting 400 to 500 miles out of a VR6!! :shock:

I think it's got something to do with the fuel, aswell. I only ever use Optimax, and now V-Power. Having had to fill up on standard 95RON one time, I struggled to get over 30mpg.

Yeah I use V-power all the time too.

Come to think of it I reckon I've got the smaller fuel tank - there's no way I'd get 70 litres in! The smaller one's 55 litres or so isn't it? Sounds more like it....

Interesting post this.. exactly what turned me away from a VR. I don't do mega miles each day but I do like to get around on the weekends. I get roughly 30 -35 in my valver, Optimax only, cain it now and again to keep the tappets oiled :D.

I guess as the VR has Sso much torque compared to the G60, you never really need to put your foot down?!

Got me thinking now.. hhmm.. VR, G60?!

Interesting post this.. exactly what turned me away from a VR. I don't do mega miles each day but I do like to get around on the weekends. I get roughly 30 -35 in my valver, Optimax only, cain it now and again to keep the tappets oiled :D.

I guess as the VR has Sso much torque compared to the G60, you never really need to put your foot down?!

Got me thinking now.. hhmm.. VR, G60?!

And you only have to change gear about half as much in a VR :)

so from all of your experiences you get better mpg out of the optimax/V power but what does the balance out at compared to using normal 95ron.

i've never tried optimax in my VR yet as my old civic vtec used to love the stuff too much. it made a noticable performance change both to the engine and the fuel gauge.