Sign in to follow this  
fla

fuel pipes to fpr for a VR - length?

How long are the fuel pipes to the FPR (the ones to the left side of the engine from the front)? I'm look ing to replace them with some fresh tubing, but havent got round to measuring them up. Is it worth getting the end pieces from Demon Tweeks or will this just create problems in fitting - they do look smart.

No one knows? My C is at my folks' so i havent had access to it for a while, hence the question.

They're about 50cm mate. Hard to say exactly as they're expensive 'formed' hoses to a specific length and shape, hence costing £50 from VW.

Just get some free length fuel hose (must be the internal banded variety) and make some new lines up mate. Costs about a fiver, if that.

Certainly on a VR the hoses bend at quite a tight radius as they approach the retaining clips and fuel rail; will unformed pipe be able to be bent so tightly without kinking or over-stressing the clips? And where is a good source of this hose?

Thanks

Best wishes

RB

Roger Blassberg, Demon Tweeks sell it as does rallynuts.com but i expect that any motor factors would have some fuel tubing. we need 8mm id and as per Kevs info 500mm length per tube. Might be worth forming some brackets to hold the pipe in place if the bends are very tight.

I've just bought some regular 10bar hose from the local factors and will fit this weekend.

I fitted some braided high pressure hoses from Demon tweeks at 24" with ionised clip covers. They fitted with out problems and look very nice! They were a bit tight in the clips but I managed to use them.

Just replaced the feed pipe on the FPR as the old one seemed to be a bit tired. Not as easy as all that - especially refitting the hose to the inlet line below the air intake. I used jubilee clips on both ends and so far there's no whiff of fumes. There is a sharp bend by the fuel rail so you need to ensure the pipe does not come off at an angle to reduce stress internally. You need about 60cm - i took 1m which was not enough - hence why i didnt do the return hose :oops: