Sign in to follow this  
cmoth

blower not working

I guess the new unit is my best option. I have emailed someone that previously tried to sell the blower unit on ebay although I dont think he managed to sell it. I will probably do the resistor again as well then as it seems to make sense.

Watch this space!

Col

I have fitted a replacement whole unit which incorporates the resistor and the fan is working again, although its sounding a bit sick! - Assuming I have not been sold a lemon, what else could it be which is causing my blower to make some very unusal noises and not work smoothly and efficiently?

Thanks

I have just fitted a new fuel pump relay which appears to have cured my hesitation problems but the blower will only work on Speed 4 now?

I have had a similar problem on my blower. On mine all that has happened is the connection for speeds 1 to 3 has been pushed back with wear and tear over time. Take off the small plastic covering the 3 blower knobs (direction, temperature, speed) and try the fan on speeds 1 to 3 while gently pushing the metal circuit contacts together. If the fan works it's not the fuse just the conenction. I fixed mine with a small peice of card to push the connection out. Even cheaper than a cheap fuse.

Don't want to open a can of worms.....but if the fuse has gone why would the fan still work at all? If this has been questioned and answered elsewhere please ignore me, i'll look it up later.

checked it out again today, the fan unit had dislodged itself slightly from the casing so was not rotating correcting and rubbing on the casing. Works fine when i removed it from the casing, so blower seems ok.

Hopefully this will be the end of my blower problems!

Col

checked it out again today, the fan unit had dislodged itself slightly from the casing so was not rotating correcting and rubbing on the casing. Works fine when i removed it from the casing, so blower seems ok.

Hopefully this will be the end of my blower problems!

Col